Finding A New Life after 50

Floor2017

Well as I come to the end of my 50th birthday, it has been a struggle. However, I have found some new loves and loss some old loves. I cannot do some of the things I used could do all night but I am still a active person. Do not give up on yourself but recreate yourself. Be blessed my friends in this struggle with mental health and physical health as myself. Our best is still yet to come.

On 12/23/2020 at 5:28 PM, camilo said:

Welcome to the club. Its been a total time warp has it not?

Yes, I have no idea how it came to this. Does anyone else here feel as though you should be back in high school, doing high school things? At the very least, I thought age would bring some sort of wisdom and understanding of the world, but if anything, everything makes less sense by the day.

52 minutes ago, anon22ae said:

Yes, I have no idea how it came to this. Does anyone else here feel as though you should be back in high school, doing high school things? At the very least, I thought age would bring some sort of wisdom and understanding of the world, but if anything, everything makes less sense by the day.

My opinion is we are understanding the world more and more as we get older.  That's why it makes less sense because it should make less sense.  Many of the very smart people of the world have periods where they went missing for years because they figured out the world and wanted no part of it.

23 hours ago, sober4life said:

My opinion is we are understanding the world more and more as we get older.  That's why it makes less sense because it should make less sense.  Many of the very smart people of the world have periods where they went missing for years because they figured out the world and wanted no part of it.

I think you're right, actually. I'm dismayed by what passes as "normal" in this society...it's narcissistic, violent, and degrading AF.

On 12/25/2020 at 5:41 PM, sober4life said:

At least that makes more sense! It would certainly explain a lot. Now, if the only the greater understanding would help us achieve more... but I suppose it only emphasizes our limited powers.

1 hour ago, anon22ae said:

At least that makes more sense! It would certainly explain a lot. Now, if the only the greater understanding would help us achieve more... but I suppose it only emphasizes our limited powers.

Well I love the cows but we're the cows in this life.  We'll never be the farmer and do we want to be?  From what I've seen in this life people in general have no idea whatsoever who is the good guy and who is the bad guy.  That will be our downfall.  The bad people are in control of everything at this point and they will eventually lead us to our extinction.

Edited by sober4life

15 hours ago, sober4life said:

Well I love the cows but we're the cows in this life.  We'll never be the farmer and do we want to be?  From what I've seen in this life people in general have no idea whatsoever who is the good guy and who is the bad guy.  That will be our downfall.  The bad people are in control of everything at this point and they will eventually lead us to our extinction.

Better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all one's life? Or a cow, even. (I know who said this, but POTUS quoted him anyway...)

In any case, maybe we can at least be cats or some other animal that at least does something interesting or enjoyable...