Sign in to follow this  
louis2008

How should I manage anger?

I do not want to bore you with details, I don't think it is easy to tell everything and let everyone understand myself though.

In short, I have been living in depression and anger for quite some years,

I have been trying to tackle anger, but it is harder than I thought. 

I very much agree with a counselor I regularly meet, she said that I am

very much "attracted" by negative things.

I always forget about the good people, or my "detection system" has problem detecting good people and good thing, and remembering good thing, and my "detection system" likes to detect bad things, bad people, bad behavior very quickly, and they do not go away from my mind quickly

For example, every time I remind myself not to involve into internet chat fight on social network because it is only time-wasting, meaningless and making me angry and unhappy. I

I once gambled, I once smoked, but I could quit these bad things very easily. I am free of gambling and smoking for many years and even if I 

see someone smoke or gamble, I am not attracted. However, for many years, I am not able to avoid coming into unnecessary conflicts, argues with people, mostly on the web

Delete facebook? I did it, after some weeks, I cannot resist installing it again. I am kind of person that I am tempted to read all notifications, I am tempted to leave hateful comment when I read hateful comment left by the others..... 

It's hard dealing with anger, especially when you carry so much baggage. I don't mean to sound religious, but try to think of the purpose of your existence. Many people are dealing with their own personal battles. Why not ask yourself, am I someone who'd make this person feel good or bad. I hope I make sense.

On 12/5/2020 at 10:39 AM, louis2008 said:

I am tempted to leave hateful comment when I read hateful comment left by the others..... 

Hi Louis, I took an anger management course maybe 13 years ago.  I don't know what your therapist practices, but the guy I listened to discussed a combination of Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Buddhism.  What I took away was the mechanism he described of what physically happens when you react with auto anger, and suggested how and when you might intervene consciously and derail the gut punch anger before it hits your brain.  I use the same technique for persisting negative thoughts with greater and lesser success. 

Best, Bulgakov

On 12/5/2020 at 11:39 AM, louis2008 said:

I do not want to bore you with details, I don't think it is easy to tell everything and let everyone understand myself though.

In short, I have been living in depression and anger for quite some years,

I have been trying to tackle anger, but it is harder than I thought. 

I very much agree with a counselor I regularly meet, she said that I am

very much "attracted" by negative things.

I always forget about the good people, or my "detection system" has problem detecting good people and good thing, and remembering good thing, and my "detection system" likes to detect bad things, bad people, bad behavior very quickly, and they do not go away from my mind quickly

For example, every time I remind myself not to involve into internet chat fight on social network because it is only time-wasting, meaningless and making me angry and unhappy. I

I once gambled, I once smoked, but I could quit these bad things very easily. I am free of gambling and smoking for many years and even if I 

see someone smoke or gamble, I am not attracted. However, for many years, I am not able to avoid coming into unnecessary conflicts, argues with people, mostly on the web

Delete facebook? I did it, after some weeks, I cannot resist installing it again. I am kind of person that I am tempted to read all notifications, I am tempted to leave hateful comment when I read hateful comment left by the others..... 

For me I have learned not to feed into the anger. The more positive you acknowledge and accept the easier it becomes to quit accepting anger into your heart or mind.