• 5 months later...
On 11/27/2020 at 1:06 PM, ladysmurf said:

Does anyone on here work while receiving SSDI? If so I'd like to hear some stories, ideas..

Looks like you never got any replies? I've decided to pursue disability because my situation is rapidly becoming worse. 

16 hours ago, JD4010 said:

Looks like you never got any replies? I've decided to pursue disability because my situation is rapidly becoming worse. 

i dont know your situation , as far as finances, but look into it, and hire a lawyer...because it's not easy as they make it out to be...but i hope it works out well for you ..

2 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

i dont know your situation , as far as finances, but look into it, and hire a lawyer...because it's not easy as they make it out to be...but i hope it works out well for you ..

Same for you. I'll invite your over to my appliance carton-warming party when I get kicked out of the apartment for not being able to pay rent. 

This could be a time you could get it @JD4010if you could prove you lost your job because of your mental illness.  That's how it happened for me.  I lost my job and lost my mind.  I ended up in rehab twice and the psych ward once.  When I had no insurance they kicked me out of the psych ward and said I don't know maybe the local shelter has a bed.  They didn't.  I was under a bridge in the winter the first week.  Eventually the Salvation Army took me in and with mom fought for me big time.  What I'm saying it can take a long time or if you start talking to them at a time like now things could work right now.

2 hours ago, JD4010 said:

Same for you. I'll invite your over to my appliance carton-warming party when I get kicked out of the apartment for not being able to pay rent. 

im just saying most people get denied when they do it alone...so it would be easier to hire a lawyer to explain the process, etc..

On 4/28/2021 at 1:14 PM, ladysmurf said:

im just saying most people get denied when they do it alone...so it would be easier to hire a lawyer to explain the process, etc..

Yeah, sorry about that. I was being my usual sarcastic self.  You're right about hiring the lawyer of course.

• 3 months later...
On 4/27/2021 at 12:35 PM, JD4010 said:

@JD4010 I would be very interested in finding out more about disability. I know you were looking into a year or so ago. Any luck?

31 minutes ago, sober4life said:

What do you want to know.  I might be able to help.  

I lost my high stress high pay job but now work at Walmart and am 61 not yet retired.

will sssi come even after 62.5 or getting ssn?

a good attorney?

what records do I need from hospital or docs?

What are limits on working when applying?

thanks

What I will say is you're working now trying to tell the government you're not able to work.  That's the biggest issue.  When I got it I had a nervous breakdown and lost my job and ended up in the hospital and was kicked out and was staying at a homeless shelter.  Mom was about your age when she got it but she didn't work for years.  The strange answer to your question is once you get it they allow you to work part time but trying to get it while still working probably won't happen.  If it was me I wouldn't even try until I was unemployed and then yes of course you need a very good lawyer. 

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

What I will say is you're working now trying to tell the government you're not able to work.  That's the biggest issue.  When I got it I had a nervous breakdown and lost my job and ended up in the hospital and was kicked out and was staying at a homeless shelter.  Mom was about your age when she got it but she didn't work for years.  The strange answer to your question is once you get it they allow you to work part time but trying to get it while still working probably won't happen.  If it was me I wouldn't even try until I was unemployed and then yes of course you need a very good lawyer. 

I found a tax firm that does SSDI in the USA. i am going to get an phone call to ask some questions and that one about working is going to be the #1 question. I'm working, can I win?

On 4/29/2021 at 12:12 PM, JD4010 said:

Yeah, sorry about that. I was being my usual sarcastic self.  You're right about hiring the lawyer of course.

A friend gave me a referral to a law firm that specializes in SSDI claims. I have an introductory phone interview with them today. hopefully they can help git er done

13 hours ago, Bbqdad said:

I found a tax firm that does SSDI in the USA. i am going to get an phone call to ask some questions and that one about working is going to be the #1 question. I'm working, can I win?

Said they could not help me since I am working. If my symptoms get any worst I won't be,

On 4/28/2021 at 7:54 AM, sober4life said:

This could be a time you could get it @JD4010if you could prove you lost your job because of your mental illness.  That's how it happened for me.  I lost my job and lost my mind.  I ended up in rehab twice and the psych ward once.  When I had no insurance they kicked me out of the psych ward and said I don't know maybe the local shelter has a bed.  They didn't.  I was under a bridge in the winter the first week.  Eventually the Salvation Army took me in and with mom fought for me big time.  What I'm saying it can take a long time or if you start talking to them at a time like now things could work right now.

I want to hear some more stories about survival under the bridge. I learned a lot living in my truck and hanging with all sorts of peeps

23 hours ago, Bbqdad said:

@JD4010 I would be very interested in finding out more about disability. I know you were looking into a year or so ago. Any luck?

I have not done enough research yet. I need to get on the horn about that...I'm not currently working so money has become very scarce.

Wish I hadn't got rid of my minivan. I could have lived in it. I can't lay flat in the Kia. Well, I did have a friend who lived in a Ford Fusion so I guess it's possible. Of course,the bank will come for the Kia if I miss a payment or two.