I am 26 years old. I am at my second attempt at college to pursue an English Writing degree. I have an official diagnosis of depression and anxiety. I know that I'm capable of doing the work I need to college, but when I start to fall behind I just give up instead of asking for help. I am too ashamed to go to my professors and explain that when I mess up, the anxiety builds and I can not get back on track. This just seems like an excuse to not do anything, but in truth I really do want to get a college degree so that there are more options available for me. I don't even dislike doing the work. I just am terrible at taking care of my self and this only feeds the depression demon inside of me more. When I get this way I can't even see through it or believe in myself at all. I am wondering if anyone here has been a similar place or has any advice on how to overcome these problems.

I hope to reply more at some point, but I have fallen into that spiral many times. I'm in one right now, in fact.

I wish you the best.