Jump to content

Covid-19 problems


Zagor

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Atra said:

I think it's risky to normalize conspiracy thinking by drawing equivalencies with healthy doubt. 

 

Agreed.  My intent was nothing more than to state my opinion.  Hopefully, it did not come across as more than that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Atra said:

I think it's risky to normalize conspiracy thinking by drawing equivalencies with healthy doubt. 

A reasonable person can be convinced that a held belief isn't true when presented with facts to the contrary and possess some ability to think critically. 

Conspiracy theorists don’t want to be convinced their beliefs are fiction. The beliefs serve a great purpose that's deeply personal. Usually, the conspiracy belief fits a private narrative about their lives.

I think it is fear talking out of you. I can put down 5 things that no one can even attempt to refute.

I don't like conspiracy "theories" and I don't follow David Icke or the shill Alex Jones. It's just the obvious things that I would rather get answers to than spread it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zagor said:

I can put down 5 things that no one can even attempt to refute.

You are missing the point of this lovely mental health site. We are here to support, provide compassion, show understanding, offer up our experience living with mental illness and take care of one another. 

This community is not for debating misleading, false and inaccurate theories about coronavirus or any other conspiracies. This is a mental health peer support community--which is the exact wrong place for you or anyone else to introduce or disseminate fear. Yet that is what you're doing by repeating baseless conjecture about hidden agendas. 

It's your burden to rigorously investigate bogus and unscientific claims that you've come to believe in - not my burden or other members'. Only your own mind is going to convince you that your belief is highly implausible, just as your own mind convinced you it was a plausible theory to begin with.

I do care about your mental health, i care a lot. I dont care to debate beliefs about the pandemic. I suggest you begin doing research by Googling "plandemic debunked" and read why this conspiracy can be safely ignored. I'm urging you to do that because the facts have already been checked and rechecked, no additional manpower is needed by DF members.

After you read the articles, I plead with you to apply critical thinking by asking yourself why this conspiracy sounded appealing to you in the first place, what about it resonates with the stories you tell about yourself, your life and our world?

Let's discuss how we are struggling with and improving our own mental health during this terrible pandemic please. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Atra said:

You are missing the point of this lovely mental health site. We are here to support, provide compassion, show understanding, offer up our experience living with mental illness and take care of one another. 

 

And why do you think I started this topic? It is my fear, part of my mental illness no matter what kind of illness it is. Some members agree some don't with the fear I have but you seem to be the only one to complain about even talking about it. If it bothers you simply avoid it. It's not like I brought this up as a fact or for debate. It is health related to me and I seek help where I can.

Instead of putting down the link which can possibly help reduce my fears you tell me to "google plandemic" Debunked or not, someone sensitive to it shouldn't search about it. It's like telling a hypochondriac "google about your symptoms" 🙄 That is if you care about someone, as you say.

Treating this issue of mine can be done by psychotherapy - and it helps when people on a health forum give me some rational explanation that refuse the theory.

Maybe it came out to you that I posted this as a part of my obsession so I came here to debate. Maybe I started my thread wrong. But that's not my attention. Just like everyone else on this forum, I am looking for help and offer it when/if I can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zagor said:

And why do you think I started this topic? It is my fear, part of my mental illness no matter what kind of illness it is. Some members agree some don't with the fear I have but you seem to be the only one to complain about even talking about it. If it bothers you simply avoid it. It's not like I brought this up as a fact or for debate. It is health related to me and I seek help where I can.

Instead of putting down the link which can possibly help reduce my fears you tell me to "google plandemic" Debunked or not, someone sensitive to it shouldn't search about it. It's like telling a hypochondriac "google about your symptoms" 🙄 That is if you care about someone, as you say.

Treating this issue of mine can be done by psychotherapy - and it helps when people on a health forum give me some rational explanation that refuse the theory.

Maybe it came out to you that I posted this as a part of my obsession so I came here to debate. Maybe I started my thread wrong. But that's not my attention. Just like everyone else on this forum, I am looking for help and offer it when/if I can.

I would just like to point out, that none of us here are undermining your thoughts and feelings. They are YOUR thoughts, YOUR feelings; YOUR interpretations of phenomena you perceive. They are real to you. But they are not necessarily true, at least they don't necessarily tell the whole truth.

This applies to every one of us of course. No one can claim to have a monopoly on what is true or real. That is why it is always a good thing to be critical and have a (healthy) amount of suspicion about the news, social media, heresay, even scientific proof. We are entitled to make up our own minds about the world and the ways we make sense of it. But sometimes we can take things too far. We overthink(I do this all the time). We may have underlying issues(for example anxiety issues; like me) that make our minds search for all possible risks and dangers. We make one sided opinions about the threats we see and as humanity is pretty lazy, intellectually speaking, we seek answers and "facts" that suit our current view of the world. If we seek threats, we sure as hell will see them everywhere. And it becomes hard for anyone to tell us differently, even if they have proof that we are incorrect or at least not entirely right.

Like someone pointed out somewhere on df(not necessarily on this thread), the worst kind of lies are the lies with an element of truth in them. Some say there can be no smoke without fire but I beg to differ. Sometimes we can create smoke without fire, make something that isn't really there appear out of a half truth or even a fact. This is the true essence of conspiracy theories. This also the essence of any kind of propaganda.

I suffer from general anxiety(among other stuff), and I know how to catastrophize every possible situation when anxiety hits me bad. When I am like that, I don't see the world with objective eyes(no one truly does completely).  I am immersed in my claustophobic, tunnel-visioned "end of all things" state of mind, in constant panic, fear and sometimes bouts of paranoia too.

You say:

"And why do you think I started this topic? It is my fear, part of my mental illness no matter what kind of illness it is. Some members agree some don't with the fear I have but you seem to be the only one to complain about even talking about it. If it bothers you simply avoid it. It's not like I brought this up as a fact or for debate. It is health related to me and I seek help where I can."

So at some level you must realize that some of the fears you have brought up are connected and I dare say are at least in part, induced by your mental health issues. All we are trying to do on df, in our amateurish and sometimes boorish ways, is point out that most things need multiple points of view to even start to make any sense.

We are not here to belittle your experiences. @Zagor. I believe I speak for all of us when I say we all want you to feel better and good about yourself and the world.

 

Sorry for the wall of text.

 

 

Edited by samadhiSheol
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Zagor so you believe this "plandemic" is plan carried out by President Xi of PRC (or North Korea's Kim family, because why not?) under orders of the Grandmaster of their Reptilian Overlords from their Temple HQ in Israel?

Logically, why would anyone 'plan' to have a pandemic? The economic aftermath affects everybody all over the world, no one benefits from this! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's impossible to ever get to a for sure answer with this topic.  Governments need to do better.  We can't have a world where we all wake up and turn on the morning news and no matter what awful thing we hear we will not be surprised.  Of course they are capable of that we say.  We can't live in a world where we all think we're being ruled by villains.  Things need to change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, iWantRope said:

@Zagor so you believe this "plandemic" is plan carried out by President Xi of PRC (or North Korea's Kim family, because why not?) under orders of the Grandmaster of their Reptilian Overlords from their Temple HQ in Israel?

Logically, why would anyone 'plan' to have a pandemic? The economic aftermath affects everybody all over the world, no one benefits from this! 

Only a shill can talk about reptilians. I don't buy that. I don't know about PRC/PPC but I know (youtube it) that Putin said "US leaders are just puppets and their bosses are the ones in black tuxedos with black or dark blue ties". Whatever he meant by that.

When it comes to economy you can't be more wrong. Amazon made 40-60 billion dollars only this year, more than ever before. 50 richest men in USA own between 400-700 trillion dollars which means 50 men are richer than 136 million people. That is not a conspiracy that's on the news. Those 50 people are richer than all the governments in the world combined. So some get richer from the pandemic, and it is only the rich, other billionaires or multi millionaires do not care about recessions or economic collapses. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

I find it genuinely terrifying some of the things people will choose to believe and I think this pandemic has brought out the worst in a lot of people. 

Covid is real, this isn't a "plandemic". Yes, most governments only care about wealth and power but they never needed this to maintain wealth and power. It's far too convoluted and it'd be such a waste of effort. Saying that, the wealthy and powerful have definitely found their ways to take advantage of it as they would any crisis, manufactured or otherwise. Nobody could plan this, not even Bill Gates. 

I've had two vaccines now. If I need to have boosters, so be it. I don't care that it's not 100%, we've been in damage limitation mode for getting on for 18 months now. Well, we should've been, here in the UK we should've been in an envious position as an island with a world leading public health service and the benefit of forewarning as the virus spread across Asia and mainland Europe, but priorities eh. At the time our government cared more about the tourism and hospitality trades than the virus, delayed lockdown too long, tried to re-open too soon and blamed everyone else for their policies. I don't care that I don't know what's in the vaccine. You could read me a list of every component and I'd still have no idea, I don't expect to know what's in it because I'm not a scientist. Fortunately there have been enough people who've dedicated their lives to study and research who've worked on it. As far as I'm concerned, if you're anti-vax you're anti-doctor, anti-science, anti-expert and frankly dangerous.

I've seen bits here and there of people talking about a great reset too. It could have been a great opportunity to take stock and reflect. Reassess our priorities, our way of life, the things we take for granted, to address systematic inequalities. As if the most right wing British government of my life would ever entertain such ideas. To be fair to our government, they did pretty much end homelessness during the first lockdown. It only took a global pandemic for them to take the issue of homelessness seriously, they had every opportunity over their past decade in power to do so too but chose not to. Of course, their "goodwill" is as short lived as the people who elected them. 

Mental health wise, on a personal level it's been very strange. The way people panic during a pandemic, well the ones who believe it's real at least - it's old hat to me. Even a global pandemic isn't as scary as my own imagination. The way people have responded and their attitutdes towards it have certainly shaped the way I see people and our country, I just wish it were for the better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2020 at 6:05 AM, Zagor said:

Only a shill can talk about reptilians. I don't buy that. I don't know about PRC/PPC but I know (youtube it) that Putin said "US leaders are just puppets and their bosses are the ones in black tuxedos with black or dark blue ties". Whatever he meant by that.

When it comes to economy you can't be more wrong. Amazon made 40-60 billion dollars only this year, more than ever before. 50 richest men in USA own between 400-700 trillion dollars which means 50 men are richer than 136 million people. That is not a conspiracy that's on the news. Those 50 people are richer than all the governments in the world combined. So some get richer from the pandemic, and it is only the rich, other billionaires or multi millionaires do not care about recessions or economic collapses. 

Billionaires aren't good for the economy.  

Here in the UK, even during this crisis when millions have lost their livelihoods, temporarily or permanently, when people are desperate for work, Amazon have felt the need to televise adverts talking about what a great company they are to work for. Shouldn't have to beg really. Most individuals pay a higher proportion of income tax than Amazon do corporation tax. They're leeches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 6/13/2021 at 2:55 AM, RichW said:

I find it genuinely terrifying some of the things people will choose to believe and I think this pandemic has brought out the worst in a lot of people. 

Covid is real, this isn't a "plandemic". Yes, most governments only care about wealth and power but they never needed this to maintain wealth and power. It's far too convoluted and it'd be such a waste of effort. Saying that, the wealthy and powerful have definitely found their ways to take advantage of it as they would any crisis, manufactured or otherwise. Nobody could plan this, not even Bill Gates. 

I've had two vaccines now. If I need to have boosters, so be it. I don't care that it's not 100%, we've been in damage limitation mode for getting on for 18 months now. Well, we should've been, here in the UK we should've been in an envious position as an island with a world leading public health service and the benefit of forewarning as the virus spread across Asia and mainland Europe, but priorities eh. At the time our government cared more about the tourism and hospitality trades than the virus, delayed lockdown too long, tried to re-open too soon and blamed everyone else for their policies. I don't care that I don't know what's in the vaccine. You could read me a list of every component and I'd still have no idea, I don't expect to know what's in it because I'm not a scientist. Fortunately there have been enough people who've dedicated their lives to study and research who've worked on it. As far as I'm concerned, if you're anti-vax you're anti-doctor, anti-science, anti-expert and frankly dangerous.

I've seen bits here and there of people talking about a great reset too. It could have been a great opportunity to take stock and reflect. Reassess our priorities, our way of life, the things we take for granted, to address systematic inequalities. As if the most right wing British government of my life would ever entertain such ideas. To be fair to our government, they did pretty much end homelessness during the first lockdown. It only took a global pandemic for them to take the issue of homelessness seriously, they had every opportunity over their past decade in power to do so too but chose not to. Of course, their "goodwill" is as short lived as the people who elected them. 

Mental health wise, on a personal level it's been very strange. The way people panic during a pandemic, well the ones who believe it's real at least - it's old hat to me. Even a global pandemic isn't as scary as my own imagination. The way people have responded and their attitutdes towards it have certainly shaped the way I see people and our country, I just wish it were for the better.

I know what you mean but there are some things that just don't add up. For example, when they said that the 3rd wave was stopped due to vaccinating otherwise it would last much longer, what stopped it in Bosnia where only 3% of people were able to get the vaccine at the same time? Now this 4th wave is picking up because of those 25% who didn't get vaxx, it is also rising in Bosnia again at the same time. (I'm comparing these 2 countries, Canada and Bosnia because I live in both) So to me it doesn't make sense.

I could put more examples but I don't wanna get into a debate. I don't know what is in the vaccines either except something from a fetus (I think) but the conspiracy people will say it will hurt some people's health one way or another, maybe in long term. I know it makes little sense and most anti-waxxers are low-educated but you can't help but wander. 

A person told me that it is not true that in Africa there is not enough vaccines it's people not willing to take it. I don't really believe that because I know that in Bosnia there is no enough.

Since 2 vaccines are not enough they will start boosters and that's important but 20% of people will never take any vaccine no matter what. That means the pandemic will stick around for a long time even though it could have been over within 2-3 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...