Hello All,

I am a newbie here, but not to bipolar depression.  It took many years to diagnose, and I have taken many different meds during this journey.  I am compliant with meds bc I know what's to come if I neglect them.  I am stable most of the time, in fact, few people know I struggle with this.  I have a trusted therapist who helps me through the valleys.

Today, I am struggling.  Sad, no energy, not sleeping great and drinking too much.  Just need a few people to listen and to help others where I can.  Hoping for an emotional break.

Be well.

Hi EL23,

It is very nice to meet you.  Bipolar depression can be so brutal.  I am very, very sorry it afflicts you and especially now when it is proving to be such a miserable and heavy burden.  I wish I knew what to say that would help ease the pain of it.  Hopefully these Forums will prove to be a warm, welcoming and friendly place for you where you can meet many others struggling with the same or similar things.  I am afflicted with unipolar depression but have heard that bipolar depression is really awful.  My heart goes out to you!

Welcome new friend to our forum family.

Our goal here is to not leave anyone behind in their depression cave.

I am a firm believer in the power of metaphors to change the way we think and deal with depression.

We are really not helpless confronting Old Man Depression.

Hope you find a supportive home with our forum.

Oscar

Hello EL23, welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear you are struggling today. I suffer from depression and anxiety, and know how some days can be more manageable, and then some others are just a battle. On those days I tell myself this will pass, better days are ahead again. When I have a rough patch (like lately), I try and reach out to others, and this forum, because I know I am not alone in this. There are people out there, dealing with similar issues, who care. I'll turn on some music, text or call some friends or family. Then try and get active. The more I sit around the more my mind acts up. Maybe take a drive, a walk, I'm going to try the bookstore in a bit, just browse and distract myself.

I hope you find some peace today. We are out here, listening!

- Jeff

Thank you all.  It's been a challenging year with my Bipolar 2 diagnosis (I was diagnosed 15 years ago so you think I'd be used to it...).  Depression and anxiety at an all time high, 2 different medical issues, a scheduled surgery and a son, who is a Sr. in HS, who has no urgency or plan. Just many things hitting at once.

I wish you all well and coping.  I am happy to be here :)