Just gonna go ahead and ask this, rather than typing out a long and detailed post just to have it cancel cultured out and a strike against me on the site. Are we allowed to talk about politics here?

If the answer is no, can someone please list any active forums that converse in intellectual topics including politics?

Btw, I don't count reddit or quora as 'forums'. I mean like this site.  I like to have active and engaging conversations, not be forced to only ask questions,(Quora) or have my thread auto-locked within 2-4 weeks for no reason (Reddit).

1 hour ago, Epictetus said:

I really don't know since I haven't been keeping up on those kinds of things.  Hope others can be helpful to you. 

Thx for the reply at least. Surprised it took 109 views to get one reply, lol.. Truth be told, I think forum rules are like all of those other things we're forced to click "Agree" on before they'll let us use things. No one really reads them.. I mean, some of them are like 20 paragraph long legal documents.. Like, sure I might be signing away my firstborn child just so I can access the new update on Minecraft, but at least I won't still be reading this when they're going off to college.