Sign in to follow this  
FerryJerry

Path of self destruction

My ptsd has been really bad for the past few days (ever since I got my sleeping routine back to normal -E.g. wake morning sleep at night) I keep having nightmares that trigger me, during the day I feel broken, I can’t drink enough water to stay healthy, I am constantly dehydrated and in the past that lead me to the emergency room, but not on purpose.  I go online and then receive abuse from people who hate me for no good reason. I sit there at night and I hope that when I die in the future, that I never have to see another person again. When I wake up I’m in a state and my mood drops because of the nightmares and it never ends. I just wish I would sit outside somewhere pretty in nature and take a bottle of juice and sit there , watch the world go by and drink a few bottles m, maybe that would lift my spirits.

A big part of me feels like giving up and I think in a way it has, I don’t know how to find the inner strength to get up each day and function.

Sorry things have been rough. It sounds like you have a starting point for what would help (sitting in nature). Is that something you're able to do? It also sounds like staying off of social media would help (I think that's a good idea in general, even when not horribly depressed).

This sounds silly, but the last couple of months if I'm feeling very anxious at bedtime, I fall asleep to a video on Youtube called "Best Starfield! 2 Hours of Amazing Space Travel- Supernovas, Nebulas & Comets!" I just stare at my laptop screen and pretend I'm alone on a spaceship, traveling far away from everyone and everything I know. I still wake up with bad morning anxiety, but I'm not starting my sleep with so much negativity.

I hope this is just an adjustment period for you and your body will sort itself out soon.