Sign in to follow this  
CamiMoo

How has COVID-19 affected your relationships?

Since social distancing and mass gathering are implemented, we don't get to see our relatives and friends. Has your circle turned small. How have your relationships been since the lockdowns? What do you do keep people into your life?

On 10/16/2020 at 6:45 AM, sober4life said:

People have been practicing social distancing with me for the last 41 years so I was used to it.  My circle doesn't exist.  I haven't had friends in years.

Wouldn't blame you. Sometimes it's better that way. I suppose you write blogs or what do you do for fun?

On 10/16/2020 at 8:13 AM, watalife said:

Nope and I'm looking forward to skipping both holidays and working overtime to buy more cats and fun stuff for them 

☺️ That's a good one. How many cats do you have?

22 hours ago, CamiMoo said:

Wouldn't blame you. Sometimes it's better that way. I suppose you write blogs or what do you do for fun?

I don't do anything for fun really.  It's an endless series of distractions from life.  I try to stay in my own little world as much as possible because the real world is awful.

I haven't seen most of the people I typically socialize with since March. I see my brother, my bestie and my mom once per week in person. I see my support group buddies on Zoom once or twice per week, we socialize after group. 

Other friends who I used to see on Zoom 1:1 I've lost touch with. Starting school in August put severe limits on my time. I was doing a lot more video before classes began. And, when I've been invited to small group gatherings I've declined. But I'm about ready to start saying yes again I feel I should widen my risk margin a little for my mental health. I'm freakin lonely.