Sign in to follow this  
lazarus102

I'm generally not a fan of medication, but..

For most of my life I've avoided so-called 'happy pills', because I abhorred the concept of fake/temporary happiness. Funny thing, I actually got on the medication that I'm on (Dextroamphetamine) to help with my ADHD, but then a couple years later, discovered I've actually got autism. But these meds bring me a kind of happiness, that I otherwise had not felt since I was a very young child, and even then, mostly only around Xmas.

I'm not a huge advocate for medication, but I can honestly say, I don't know if I'd still be around today if I didn't have my meds over the last year. They aren't a fix by any means. Honestly, I've felt brutal depression even while on them. But it's the hope that they offer me. The ability to feel well, and focused enough to even do an hour or two of productive stuff within a couple days.

One thing I can say I have learned from the last year, get toxic influences and negative people out of your life ASAP.. I had this one friend that I'd held onto for both the fear of having no one, and the guilt of abandoning him (I think he has some mental illness as well, though it's unlikely he'll ever admit it). But I finally stopped talking to him and blocked him on everything but my Email (I still talk back and forth now and then, but just ignore any stupid emails from him). And it was only some time after getting him out of my life, that I finally started to balance out my emotions.  This guy was just the kinda guy, he wasn't violent, or overly pushy or at all intimidating, but he'd find out what annoyed me, and just push it until I was screaming my head off like a total nutcase..

Just now, Mezven said:

But these gonna help.

Thank you Jar Jar Binks,

A traveling salesman pulled into a rural town selling smart pills.

One townie bought some, started to swallow a couple, then abruptly spit them out.   "Why, these are nothing but rabbit droppings," said the local.

"See. You're getting smarter already!", said the vendor.