Sign in to follow this  
CamiMoo

What's the worst thing a person told you?

Some words go deep that we don't forget no matter how long ago it was. It leaves a mark and sometimes influences how we deal with other in the long run. Like when someone tells you you're fat. You tend to be guilty when eating a lot because you might gain weight. It affects self esteem.

Posted (edited)

Nothing is as bad as the stuff I tell myself, but no doubt I heard a lot of crap when I was bullied. Can't remember that much. Though I feel it all, even forty years after the fact 

Then there's the stuff that is said with the best of intentions, like when your parents say:"you will never amount to much if you don't put in some effort".. 

But this: years back a random woman chatted me up in a pub and asked me what I did for a living. When I told her, her answer was "Oh so you're a regular loser". 

Sort of stuck. 

Edited by samadhiSheol

Just now, samadhiSheol said:

But this: years back a random woman chatted me up in a pub and asked me what I did for a living. When I told her, her answer was "Oh so you're a regular loser". 

No doubt as the Grateful Deadheads say, "mean people suck."  This example doubly sucks.  She delivers a sucker punch, that's bad.  What's worse is it might not have been personal.  If she sat down, then just asked how much money you made, it wouldn't work.  It sounds like she was just shuffling the deck, and calling you--anyone--a loser in this play will always cause a person to fold.  And she can start a fresh deal.  

Bulgakov

2 minutes ago, Bulgakov said:

No doubt as the Grateful Deadheads say, "mean people suck."  This example doubly sucks.  She delivers a sucker punch, that's bad.  What's worse is it might not have been personal.  If she sat down, then just asked how much money you made, it wouldn't work.  It sounds like she was just shuffling the deck, and calling you--anyone--a loser in this play will always cause a person to fold.  And she can start a fresh deal.  

Bulgakov

Thing is, nothing anyone says will hurt you unless there is a quantum of truth in what someone says of you.. 

What hurt was hearing it aloud. I have never had a high opinion of myself. 

As done with life as I am I would probably have fun with it and say I sometimes dress up as santa and the easter bunny at the mall.  Other than that I panhandle and dig out change at the mall fountain.

On 10/10/2020 at 1:03 AM, samadhiSheol said:

Thing is, nothing anyone says will hurt you unless there is a quantum of truth in what someone says of you..

And it's up to us do something bout it. To take it and let it ruin us for good or take it as a challenge and motivation.