Z Diggity Dog

Finally got to ignore a coworker back!

One of my coworkers that ignores me pinged me today and so I finally had the chance to ignore him back! Felt so good. He ignores my emails but I ping him directly on our instant messaging app. I see him responding to other emails that I'm CCd on so I know he's doing this to me. 

I'm not even going to say hi back to him anymore when I see him in the office. Same for the other folks who do this to me. As for family who do this, I'm not going to have anything to do with them anymore. 

Your 'solution' makes sense to me.  If someone is ignoring you, they have no right to complain if you ignore them.  

Spoiler alert:  I would not be too surprised if you got a wide-eyed response from one of them like, "I wasn't ignoring you!  Whatever made you think that?"  The 'innocent act' is a common response of someone trying to 'act innocent'.

6 hours ago, jkd_sd said:

Your 'solution' makes sense to me.  If someone is ignoring you, they have no right to complain if you ignore them.  

Spoiler alert:  I would not be too surprised if you got a wide-eyed response from one of them like, "I wasn't ignoring you!  Whatever made you think that?"  The 'innocent act' is a common response of someone trying to 'act innocent'.

Yep you're probably right. Thanks for responding to my post!

1 hour ago, Bulgakov said:

"Tit for Tat" is an treacherous philosophy to carry through a lifetime.

Bulgakov

Wise words I will admit.  On the 'coin' of life, the golden rule is 'heads'; and tit-for-tat is 'tails'.  The problem is that life can be so difficult and painful, and we can get so tired and bruised.  Not an excuse, an explanation.  

Thanks for your thoughtful input, @Bulgakov.

Just now, jkd_sd said:

Not an excuse, an explanation.  

None needed JKD!  Not a judgement, just a general opinion on what I've seen, and thanks for the reply. 

Bulgakov

8 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

Bulgakov

You are very right on this one.  I know from my life you can always be in a feud with someone if you want to be.  I don't want to be anymore.  I'm tired of it.  I want the rest of my life to be peaceful and it's going to be.  Why should we endlessly play "games" with people?  You know there might be a simple explanation to why people act the way they do.  I always let myself jump to conclusions though and feel attacked by people.

10 hours ago, Z Diggity Dog said:

I hear ya but just putting up with people ignoring me isn't working. 

Is your employer a vendor services provider? Volunteer to be the primary point of contact for the company's customers. You'll never be ignored ever again.

2 hours ago, iWantRope said:

Is your employer a vendor services provider? Volunteer to be the primary point of contact for the company's customers. You'll never be ignored ever again.

Ya I think we're considered a vendor. The issue though is with my coworkers ignoring me. 

On 9/15/2020 at 5:08 PM, Bulgakov said:

Bulgakov

Thank you for those words @Bulgakov. I must admit of course to holding grudges myself and on occasion giving in to the urge to retaliate against others with some petty actions (that they may not even notice to be honest!). So I can't and won't criticise for ignoring someone who has ignored you. But the way I try to see it, even if I fail to follow through on my own words, is that I don't want to retaliate or bear grudges anymore. Not for the other involved - they can ... off for all I care - but rather for myself, entirely selfishly. I don't want to cultivate any more resentment or hatred in myself. It's hard enough to get through the day without carrying that extra weight. 

On 9/15/2020 at 6:55 AM, Z Diggity Dog said:

One of my coworkers that ignores me pinged me today and so I finally had the chance to ignore him back! Felt so good. He ignores my emails but I ping him directly on our instant messaging app. I see him responding to other emails that I'm CCd on so I know he's doing this to me. 

I'm not even going to say hi back to him anymore when I see him in the office. Same for the other folks who do this to me.

Is it work related email?

The next time you send him a work related email, CC both your boss & the supervisor/manager he reports to. If he ignores, call him out on it; remind him that by ignoring it's not you who gets the warning letter or disciplinary/dismissal, but him. 

I'lll even throw in an example you can use:

'Dear <his supervisor/manager's name>,

<Colleague's name> isn't responding to the email I'd sent him. (attach the earlier email that you sent)

Please assist to look into it."

No need to thank me

Edited by iWantRope

17 minutes ago, iWantRope said:

Is it work related email?

The next time you send him a work related email, CC both your boss & the supervisor/manager he reports to. If he ignores, call him out on it; remind him that by ignoring it's not you who gets the warning letter or disciplinary/dismissal, but him. 

I'lll even throw in an example you can use:

'Dear <his supervisor/manager's name>,

<Colleague's name> isn't responding to the email I'd sent him. (attach the earlier email that you sent)

Please assist to look into it."

No need to thank me

When I CC my boss they don't do anything about it. I get the impression that they don't have time for it.