Abba 14

Depression

Hi everyone my name is Abba . I am going through a depressive episode since late July . I decided to go to hospital from August 9 to 17. They then released me became I was getting better from the lexapro they assigned me . It was pretty good till this week . Some of the symptoms are back and now I feel hopeless again and can’t function well once again .  It seems it’s worse when I’m home alone though it can be bad with others as well . I’m worried that I won’t make it through this . Anyone have any advice ?

Just now, Abba 14 said:

I’m worried that I won’t make it through this . Anyone have any advice ?

Hi Abba, sorry to hear you've hit a rough patch for six weeks.  Eight days in the hospital takes energy too.  I would check with the doctor who prescribed your lexapro though.   Like other long term anti depressants, it generally takes 6 weeks to start having an effect.  I'm not a doc, but check with yours to see when the lexapro might start helping.  Depression likes to visit when we're alone.  Hope yours finds another home soon.

Bulgakov

Welcome new friend to our forum.

I can't comment on the antidepressant but I can say we are never helpless confronting Old Man Depression.

Personally I invoke metaphors to counteract the debilitating effects of depression.

We are always capable of changing our thinking to find the way out of the depression "cave".

My depression ain't going away any time soon so I may as well put it to use.

Hope you find a supportive home here with us.

Oscar