Hi, I am a retired female and not doing well with the covid situation.   I would really like to meet some people and build some friendships.  Online, On the phone, or whatever is most comfortable.   

I live alone and suffer with loneliness and depression, I do have two cats that give me joy though and I am trying very hard to keep my spirits up but it is hard w/o support sometimes.

Looking forward to meet others out there in similar circumstances in life!!

22 minutes ago, Tatortot said:

Looking forward to meet others out there in similar circumstances in life!!

Hello Tatortot,

Welcome Tatortot (great name), DF has a history of people with similar circumstances in life, and the posts that came with them.  Look over the site.  There are many topics and most have comments, encouragement, or are maybe  just venting.  I live alone also, and have for over ten years.  I'm fresh out of friends myself, and I try and push out the loneliness by finding interests in the world that occupy me.  I'm 72 and friendly with people on day to day when I run into them, but no longer look for friends.  That pretty much goes against the grain of most thought on the forum, but everyone has to find their own way.  People here will be supportive--if you don't write a yard long post with no breaks in it.  I wish you the best.

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

Welcome @Tatortot

The isolation due to quarantine has taken a lot of joy out of my existence. I've got online support groups and communities like this one to sustain me but I grieve my loss of social life out there in the world. 

Recently, I've tried something new with lonely feelings: sitting with them rather than anxiously trying to make them go away. I notice that the feelings eventually pass and it seems like some sort of achievement whenever I'm able to just be with my own emotions. Sounds silly to write that. 

Glad you found us and I hope to read more about you, your cats and how you navigate life with depression. 

@Tatortot

Hi.  It is very nice to meet you.  Sorry about my late reply but I have been sick.  Being isolated and lonely are things I know well, sadly.  I hope you will find these Forums to be a warm and welcome refuge from that.