Sign in to follow this  
Floor2017

The Fuel That Drives You

What Drives You?

The fire 🔥 that burns within you that gives you the get up and go. The determination to live and not die. The whatever it takes mode to get through out the day. Whatever your fuel is do not allow anything to dampen your spirit and to put your fire 🔥 out.  Because without it we are nothing and we are subject to quit on ourselves.  Be blessed my friends and keep your heads up until a better day come for you.

There have been times I've thought my fire was inextinguishable.  Not lately, however.  I feel like I'm being smothered under the weight of responsibility for the condition of my life.  Has every decision I ever made brought me here, or just the last 100 or so?  I don't know.  I don't think I care.

We all should have a Fire burning within us, motivating us to be the best versions of ourselves. 

Some might call it passion, or zest for life. Using our respective talents, interests, making a difference in the world(it doesn’t have to be inventing a working formula for cold fusion or curing COVID or whatnot, it could be a blog or just something you enjoy doing).

I don’t think I have ever had a fire driving me. Unless it was the hope of finding something eventually that would in fact drive me towards something, an interest or passion.

But I have no talents, no passion and I suck at just about everything I invest in. Nothing is ever enough to get me out of this void, this lifeless existence I find myself in.

I have just drifted through life without any direction.  All my jobs have sucked. All my jobs have been low pay, dead end jobs that I have had little interest in. Hobbies? I do this and that, to pass the time when I have the energy, but everything just feels off and /or my health issues get in the way.

All there is left is emptiness and a disappointing life. All there is ahead of me is failing health and growing old, living on a pension one can barely live on.

I realized people like me are beyond hope, beyond  finding a way out, for the simple reason that we are stuck within our mediocrity and soulless existences. There is no “out” for the likes of me.

Apologies   @Floor2017. This just turned into one of my pointless rants.

Edited by samadhiSheol

2 hours ago, samadhiSheol said:

We all should have a Fire burning within us, motivating us to be the best versions of ourselves. 

Some might call it passion, or zest for life. Using our respective talents, interests, making a difference in the world(it doesn’t have to be inventing a working formula for cold fusion or curing COVID or whatnot, it could be a blog or just something you enjoy doing).

I don’t think I have ever had a fire driving me. Unless it was the hope of finding something eventually that would in fact drive me towards something, an interest or passion.

But I have no talents, no passion and I suck at just about everything I invest in. Nothing is ever enough to get me out of this void, this lifeless existence I find myself in.

I have just drifted through life without any direction.  All my jobs have sucked. All my jobs have been low pay, dead end jobs that I have had little interest in. Hobbies? I do this and that, to pass the time when I have the energy, but everything just feels off and /or my health issues get in the way.

All there is left is emptiness and a disappointing life. All there is ahead of me is failing health and growing old, living on a pension one can barely live on.

I realized people like me are beyond hope, beyond  finding a way out, for the simple reason that we are stuck within our mediocrity and soulless existences. There is no “out” for the likes of me.

Apologies   @Floor2017. This just turned into one of my pointless rants.

No apology necessary life can be very frustrating and hard to overcome 

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

It's simple I have to keep it together and keep all this going perfectly with no mistakes or my family will put me in the "zoo".

You are so funny 😂 

I know of this anekdote (I think they call it that) in which the first question this psychiatrist asked his depressed clients; trigger following ->

Spoiler

'why don't you just take your own life?'

As harsh as that may sound, we all have a will to live. It's hard wired into us. That's why we humans still exist today. 

You don't want to die, it's just that you want a better life. And secretely, there may also be things in our lives that we actually enjoy. If it was really ALL bad we would've done different things already.

For me personally, I've got most of the things in life according to the Mazlov pyramid. Sometimes I wonder why I'm depressed at all. That's why I think depression is an illness.

My life is actually pretty good, if you look at how much spare time I've got, I'm still reasonably young, I've got a good salary, and yet sometimes I just want to do the kind of stuff I won't mention due to triggers.