Sign in to follow this  
louis2008

Why, when we understand something totally, but when something happens to us, we are not able to feel good?

I take an example

We all understand that the world is full of evil and unfairness, this is something no one can deny.

When nothing happens to us, we understand and agree with it totally

But when evil or unfairness happens to us, or when we experience being treated unfairly, 

we just feel very frustrated, depressed, or angry, even if I remember this thumb of rule immediately, .

my frustration and anger cannot go away quickly.

Why? Is there a more scientific way of explaining this? Is there a more scientific way of handling this?

Posted (edited)

"Why, when we understand something totally, but when something happens to us, we are not able to feel good?"

That is a fine question Louis.  As you indicate, ours is a scientific culture,  we're Western.  We have an unspoken assumption that totally understanding a thing will result in a solution, or a cure.  So we take it apart to understand it.  If we can get to the root of a thing, whether it be our psyche, a pandemic, or a riot, then that knowing will automatically generate a needed fixThat's the hope, but it's not a part of the science.

Knowing all the whats and whys isn't the same as a fix, and the effort can result in an obsession to keep digging, collating, and collecting data until it becomes insane,  rightly called reductio ad absurdum.  Watch any news channel for examples.

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov
editing never ends