Rosaleeta

Cymbalta doesn't work for me

Hello everyone. I've been on Cymbalta for 5 weeks for anxiety and depression. I am so disappointed because at first it seemed to help with the anxiety but a few days ago the anxiety got worse and now I feel drugged, disconnected, and dizzy. I really want off this medicine!

Hi Rosaleeta,

I'm so sorry the Cymbalta is not working for you.  It must be unbelievably frustrating to you.  I was on a medication once that wasn't working very well for me and my physician added another medication to augment the efficacy of the first.  That helped me.  It is always distressing when a medication isn't helping. 

19 hours ago, Epictetus said:

Hi Rosaleeta,

I'm so sorry the Cymbalta is not working for you.  It must be unbelievably frustrating to you.  I was on a medication once that wasn't working very well for me and my physician added another medication to augment the efficacy of the first.  That helped me.  It is always distressing when a medication isn't helping. 

Thank you. I am also on Seroquel 50mg's for sleep. I have had a terrible time trying to get on an anti due to a horrific burning sensation with all of them. I am overwhelmed that the doctor chose a medicine with so many side effects and so hard to come off. Now, I feel like I need to stop the Cymbalta and try something else, while I am suffering greatly with anxiety and some depression. It's scary reading all the posts of how difficult it is to stop and the withdrawal side effects.

I was on Lexapro and woke up one morning feeling like I was on fire. I stopped it and the burning stopped immediately. I went back on the Celexa and was feeling well and after 4 weeks I woke up on fire again. Now all the antidepressants I've tried are burning me. Does anyone know why? All the pharmacist and doctors I've talked with don't seem to have a clue?