Sign in to follow this  
celine___1

Am I cursed or just born to be miserable?

Hello. I am a 26-year-old girl who feels completely alone, devastated, exhausted, and unwilling to fight anymore. Please, don't judge or insult me as this is the last thing I need since I try my best fight and heal my invisible wounds. I am a believer who lives neither in America, nor in England, nor in a country where there are Protestant churches. It's no secret where I live, but I just prefer not to go into such details. However, thanks to the Internet, I started following profiles of Christians and even Mormons on social media - people who inspire me with wisdom and their life. Unfortunately, due to many reasons and obstacles in my life, I will never be able to live abroad and experience such type of life. And this weighs on me too.

However, the reason I turned to you for valuable advice, even though I go to therapy, is because I always believed that you are a great source of support, lack of judgment, and a shoulder to lean on.
I know that no one has a perfect life and everyone has problems. But I feel like my problems are endless and I will never be truly happy. I had many problems with my appearance, health, and life in the past that I managed to overcome by myself. BUT my biggest problem that terrifies me is that I am 26 years old and I will never find the right person and true love. Boys always preferred someone else instead of me and they almost never been interested in me, although my friends say that I have a great character and I am beautiful. All my friends already have long and happy relationships, and so far, I've only had one. While looking in the profiles of Christians in social media, I often see how they define themselves ''blessed and happy people without big problems, to whom God often sends miracles'' They find the love of their lives in a unique way in their early 20s. They build big and happy religious families, which we often see in beautiful photo sessions. They have many amazing and loyal friends.

And although I know comparison is bad, I can't help but take a look at my life. I am 26 years old and so far, I have only had one relationship. There is no prospect of meeting the right person anymore, because the places where people meet their loved ones, are impossible for me. I graduated from college, there are no men in my work, and I have 2 girlfriends who also don't go out in big companies. I don't think I've done anything so bad in my life, nor am I a bad person, and I really don't know why nothing good happens in my life. I also pray to meet the love of my life, to have a strong and happy family, but unlike believers in social media, miracles don't happen to me. On the contrary - I'm alone and I don't think I ever have a chance to meet the right person. My parents are not interested in me, my dreams are shattered ...

All these years, I struggled with my problems and unhappiness all by myself, but now it really becomes too difficult and I can't stand it, I don't find meaning in life.... I even start thinking that I'm cursed or born to be alone and unhappy, while so many people around the world, especially my age ALREADY have wonderful families and a happy life full of miracles. Please, from the bottom of my heart, I go to therapy, but I would love for you to give me a piece of advice or just an opinion, because I really feel shattered, exhausted and I can't anymore ...

Welcome new friend to our forum family.

My opinion is that no one should be alone and miserable.

Please make yourself at home here and keep posting your concerns.

We try to help each other as best we can.

My motto is : DESPAIR not / REPAIR a lot.

Oscar 

Are you sure you're not idealizing those people's life's too much? There are a lot of people who have put a facede of happiness out there, but their lives are actually in turmoil. That happens even more on social media. That includes Christians. 

Posted (edited)

Dance lessons in groups are a way of meeting people of the opposite sex. Karaoke bars too, and many others. There are many options (although covid will make things more complicated for a while).

Edited by Hertz
Covid

Posted (edited)

When I was younger, I was one of those Christians who supposedly lived a happy life with a wonderful family. I'm sure it appeared that way to anyone who looked at me. But in truth, I was miserable most of the time...and it only got worse. like @depressedand said above, much of my life was lived behind a facade while I got progressively more depressed and even suicidal.

After decades of absolute misery, I'm alone again now...actually, in part because of a dear friend of mine who used to be in this forum. I am much happier now, though constantly broke.

I guess what I"m saying is, don't let other people's appearance of happiness convince you that they are leading great lives. Many aren't. When I was in my 20s, I thought I was but it soon turned out to be a nightmare in actual fact.

Take it slow and easy...you're still young! I know that sounds kinda crazy but from my vantage point at 60 years of age, it definitely is young!

Edited by JD4010

Hi, I am sorry you are going through this, it is a terrible feeling to be alone. I can relate to a lot of what you are saying, I too had felt alone with no girl friend or anything like that. I haven't been in a relationship ever and I am 31 years old. But don't loose hope, you are still young you can find someone just keep looking, Maybe if you join a gym or dance classes like someone else mentioned it you could find someone.

Life can change in a blink of an eye.