Sign in to follow this  
Troydg

Hello from a Newbie!

Hello, my name is Troy, 51 years old in South Florida. I feel (now) like I've been dealing with depression for many years. However, the last three years have been really tough. I've experienced the sudden, and in one case violent, deaths a three people very close to me. And, brushes with cancer for my wife and my sister.  I had shifted well into caretaker for them, but struggled with anger and depression as things "returned to normal".  Talk therapy helped, but I was still losing ground.  Hit rock bottom a couple months ago and marriage was at risk - found a GREAT psychiatrist and that has set me back on track. Now, solo and couples therapy are far more fruitful and my anger and depression are better controlled.  Thanks for "listening", and glad to be here. 

Hi and welcome to the Forums.  It is very nice to meet you.  I think it is great that you are back on track after the ordeals you have suffered.  You have been carrying some very heavy burdens.  Not sure I could have done as well as you in the same circumstances.  I will be looking forward to reading whatever you decide to post here on the Forums.  Best to you!

I would also like to welcome you to our forum family.

Our goal is to not leave anyone behind in their deep, dark, dangerous depression cave.

We are here for each other so make yourself at home.

Oscar

It's hard to lose loved ones.
I can't get over it for 4 months already. I'm going to see a doctor soon