Name is Zack, I'm a 32 year old Pennsylvanian and I've been dealing w/ depression probably for about 7 years now.

Really started opening up about it recently to family/friends and sadly they either don't listen and/or don't know how to help me.

Just signed up to this forum hoping to find some sort of solace and to help others on here as best I can.

Hi @zbrown016 sounds like it's been a tough 7 years. When families are ill-equipped to handle or understand one of their own who's suffering from depression, it can deepen the suffering of everyone.

So I'd like to welcome you to our found-family, a community where you can fight depression in the open and receive some validation and compassion. Being seen and being heard by folks who get it--it helps. 

Welcome Zack to our forum family.

Our goal is to not leave anyone behind in their depression cave.

We are here to help each other.

I believe we are never helpless confronting Old Man Depression.

Looking forward to your posts.

Oscar 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, zbrown016 said:

Name is Zack, I'm a 32 year old Pennsylvanian and I've been dealing w/ depression probably for about 7 years now.

Really started opening up about it recently to family/friends and sadly they either don't listen and/or don't know how to help me.

Just signed up to this forum hoping to find some sort of solace and to help others on here as best I can.

Hi zbrown016,

Welcome to our forums! I'm sure you'll find that  a lot of us have similar experiences. 🙂 

Edited by Tymothi

Hello, my name is Troy, 51 years old in South Florida. I feel (now) like I've been dealing with depression for many years. However, the last three years have been really tough. I've experienced the sudden, and in one case violent, deaths a three people very close to me. And, brushes with cancer for my wife and my sister.  I had shifted well into caretaker for them, but struggled with anger and depression as things "returned to normal".  Talk therapy helped, but I was still losing ground.  Hit rock bottom a couple months ago and marriage was at risk - found a GREAT psychiatrist and that has set me back on track. Now, solo and couples therapy are far more fruitful and my anger and depression are better controlled.  Thanks for "listening", and glad to be here.