I love.....

Nightjar

People who act respectful even when they don't know me. 

People who don't expect me to be exactly like they are.

People who see me walking down the street and smile or wave instead of running inside and peeking out the window.

All things bed related: 

Bed linen x 1000 - All different colours and textures. 

Long sheer white curtains floating gently on the breeze. 

Pyjamas 

Fluffy socks 

Mugs of tea in bed

Reading in bed 

Writing in bed 

Staring out of the window (in bed) 😂

Edited by Nightjar

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 1:57 AM, Nightjar said:

All things bed related: 

Waking up slowly

I might read in bed. I might use the bathroom then go back to 💤. I might doze off reading DF in bed. I haven't decided if I'm going to 😴 🛏 and this kind of uncertainty suits me. 

I love being the calm center when my friends have friends or family who pass away. They all come to me tearfully saying "How can you not care? Why aren't you sad?" And I say "I do care. I cared so much that I made the most of every day with [that person], and I simply don't have as much to grieve as I do to celebrate. I celebrate [the person's] time on this planet and the chance I had to know [the person]. I'll cry, sure, but it will be in private, and it will pass through, and then I will be thankful for the miracle of [the person's] gift of company. And then I'll be thankful that they no longer have to suffer." To some it comes off as cold and insensitive, but to others it's refreshingly deep. Either way, I like being that perspective for them.

• 3 weeks later...

My bestie is really dejected, life dealt him some big blows. Tonight, I listened to him on the phone as he let his despair flow. Then I told him I've always admired him and aspired to be like him in so many ways. And if now he feels like falling apart, that's okay. 

He was quiet for a minute and then he told me how that touched him so deeply.  

I love rare and tiny moments between people that burst with sincerity and vulnerability. 💞

• 1 month later...

I love cows and I love birds but just imagine what the cow's life is like now with flies on it that the birds want before they go south in a couple days.  The one field probably had 500 birds in it and all the cows were mooing and running from the birds.  It was just like the movie!😲

12 hours ago, sober4life said:

I love cows and I love birds but just imagine what the cow's life is like now with flies on it that the birds want before they go south in a couple days.  The one field probably had 500 birds in it and all the cows were mooing and running from the birds.  It was just like the movie!😲

Ha! Don't the cows like the birds picking the flies off them? The flies must be irritating to them, no?