Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeR

Difficulty sleeping

Hi all, 

I took my very last dose of Wellbutrin this morning. The process of returning to the chemical make up I was born with still has a little ways to go so I'm not judging how that is yet. 

There's one important thing I went thru that might help anyone who goes thru this process: the negative side effects of the weening-off process have been minimized by about eighty thousand percent compared to when I titrated off Celexa. That process was so dark I basically put myself in isolation for fear of saying horrible things to anyone I talked to. But with a slower titration off Wellbutrin it's been tons easier. I get tired during the day frequently but it hasn't been so bad I go back to sleep and give up on the day. That's how it was with Celexa- I had pretty strong depression symptoms for 3 solid months along with a really fun splitting headache. For 3 months. 

Just remembered I need to wrap this thing up 😄 

It's 2 months since I finished titrating off of Wellbutrin. There were some rough times but things have improved a lot in the last couple weeks. The insomnia that Wellbutrin gave me finally went away about 2 weeks ago. Hallelujah. During the course of the last couple months depression visited at times but it got pretty bad about a month after stopping. The depression started fading not too long after sleep got better. I don't think it'll ever go away completely but the last several days have been pretty darn good. Trazodone had really strong and bad side effects for me so I went with Melatonin only and it continues to work well. 6mg.

Anyhow- thanks for the advice and support I got here 🙂

Edited by GeorgeR
typo

Good luck with the Melatonin. I tried that before for insomnia in the past and had to stop. The dreams I started having were full color, head on, in your face, and weird. I woke up several times literally scared to death because I was dreaming about some seriously messed up stuff. It didn't happen at the start of taking it. Started after a while and progressed.

I was really worried about that because I heard it from a lot of different people but luckily Melatonin works for me. Been taking it for 3 months now so I hope I'm past the point where scary comes into my dreams. 

Guys, you have so much knowledge and experience with some medicine. I have read all your recommendation because I feel like I need to take some. My problem is no so big, but it caused me insomnia for almost six weeks. The loud snoring of my husband fed me up. I tolerated him without telling him anything not to make him feel bad. What a fool I'm! The problem could be quick, without enduring six months in a row his snore. When I discovered anti-snoring devices on  www.chron.com/market/article/best-anti-snoring-devices-16048031.php I was so happy. One nasal device from here was a gift for my husband on his birthday.

Edited by Jackw