20yearsandcounting's What Are You Listening To? Thread #5

Natasha1

Just now, JD4010 said:

Great early garage music.

Just watched on YouTube--American Bandstand.  Just like you say.  I barely do remember that song.  But I didn't know they were Latino.  It's a great video too, the style.  And the audience--a large auditorium, not the regular dance floor--didn't seem to realize the  were Mexicans either when the camera catches them.  The "Premiers" probably didn't promote themselves as a "Latino" band those days.  "Farmer John, I'm in love with your daughter," and 'we're three Mexicans from L.A.'   Not in 1964. 

Bulgakov

1 hour ago, Bulgakov said:

Just watched on YouTube--American Bandstand.  Just like you say.  I barely do remember that song.  But I didn't know they were Latino.  It's a great video too, the style.  And the audience--a large auditorium, not the regular dance floor--didn't seem to realize the  were Mexicans either when the camera catches them.  The "Premiers" probably didn't promote themselves as a "Latino" band those days.  "Farmer John, I'm in love with your daughter," and 'we're three Mexicans from L.A.'   Not in 1964. 

Bulgakov

It's good stuff! A year later, another garage band called The Sonics took the same basic tune and created "Santa Claus." It's worth a listen to, especially for the fuzzy guitar.

On 11/28/2020 at 12:53 AM, sober4life said:

Chris Cornell Seasons

Wouldn't it be something if we could travel back in time to a time where nobody knew him yet and you turned on the tv and there was a talent show and this was the first song he sang.

I just listened to it for the first time ❤️ Its a great song but I love Fell on black days the most when he was in sound garden. 

Hmm or maybe I love the day I tried to live the best or some of the audioslave stuff. Nah,  it's impossible to name one, he's too awesome. All of his stuff is my favourite ❤️ I just checked out the vid for the day I tried to live for the first time. It's really cool.. I can most certainly relate 👌

Edited by Nightjar

40 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

I just listened to it for the first time ❤️ Its a great song but I love Fell on black days the most when he was in sound garden. 

Hmm or maybe I love the day I tried to live the best or some of the audioslave stuff. Nah,  it's impossible to name one, he's too awesome. All of his stuff is my favourite ❤️ I just checked out the vid for the day I tried to live for the first time. It's really cool.. I can most certainly relate 👌

Of course I love those two songs as well.  I like to find the best songs of my favorite singers that you don't really hear on the radio.  People still listen to the radio right?  We're not to the what's a radio stage yet are we?:unsure:

3 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Of course I love those two songs as well.  I like to find the best songs of my favorite singers that you don't really hear on the radio.  People still listen to the radio right?  We're not to the what's a radio stage yet are we?:unsure:

Well I do. It's how I find my new tunes 👍