How Is Your Weather Today? #20

Natasha1

2 hours ago, APFSDS said:

Makes me appreciate some people who shrug this off as a "fun challenge".

If you are well prepared, extremely cold temperatures can be just 'inconveniences'.  However, people need to take these temperatures seriously as the life threatening events they are.  

It is so very tragic when someone dies because they underestimated cold as a k*ller.  It is possible to die of exposure within sight of shelter.  Please stay in and warm when conditions are dangerous.

Edited by jkd_sd
Corrected word.

15 minutes ago, sober4life said:

The sun just came out.  3 degrees and sunny seems like a weird combination.  This is the last stupid day for a while though.  Spring is coming!

It's 4am here, so at most 7am elsewhere in the USA... that's some early sunrise! I have yet to go to sleep. The weather here is stormy with a chance of burglaries when the electricity inevitably craps out.

15 hours ago, sober4life said:

Everything is melting out there too slowly which is good.  If we had that 50 degree day today we would be in trouble.  It's spring.  I know because the birds are singing.  They always know when it's spring.

I hear it's the same way in Texas, except more like 70 degrees. That's why people's homes are flooding from the pipes that had frozen over and burst. I hope those people fare well and get the help they need (and those who dropped on ball on preparations get their comeuppance).

I'm looking for a place somewhere remote to get away from the suburban blight, but it's hard to win... if it's not fire, it's flood, and if not flood, then landslide, earthquake, tsunami or arachnids. It's hard to anticipate what can go wrong.

We're getting 70s and mostly sunny through Saturday. Then 10-20 degreee drop and rain. We're way over our water needs right now so more rain isn't required. The ground is still really soft. My dog even leaves paw marks in some of it.