How Is Your Weather Today? #20

Natasha1

We got snow yesterday! Fairly rare occasion. Maybe an inch or two. Just enough to cover roofs, bushes, and tops of cars. Melted on the street quick. It was melting and then refroze last night. It's gone this morning and surprisingly no black ice. Cold and windy for the next few days with overnight in the mid 20s... 🥶

@sober4life - Ouch! I don't miss that at all. Grew up in it and it was fun as a kid. As an adult it was just a pita. I like to see it on Christmas Eve and Day. Then go away until next year. If we got 8 inches the town would close for the week. The grocery store would be raided before hand of milk, bread, and beer... Lol...

8 minutes ago, In2deep4me said:

@sober4life - Ouch! I don't miss that at all. Grew up in it and it was fun as a kid. As an adult it was just a pita. I like to see it on Christmas Eve and Day. Then go away until next year. If we got 8 inches the town would close for the week. The grocery store would be raided before hand of milk, bread, and beer... Lol...

I don't have to go anywhere those days so I'll be ok.  Around here the attitude is no matter what the weather is you're expected to be able to drive in it.  They probably won't clean the roads near my house until Monday morning.  Sunday you'll be on your own here probably.

On 1/29/2021 at 9:39 AM, In2deep4me said:

Melted on the street quick. It was melting and then refroze last night. It's gone this morning and surprisingly no black ice.

Thank heaven there has been no black ice!  That stuff is treacherous!

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

8 degrees right now!  I hate winter!

Freezing rain here...soon to be followed by 6"+ of snow, and then the bottom falls out of the thermometer...-12F lows/0F for highs over the next five days.

13 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

Freezing rain here...soon to be followed by 6"+ of snow, and then the bottom falls out of the thermometer...-12F lows/0F for highs over the next five days.

You say you like the cold weather so I'm not sure what to say here.  Surely you don't like this right?  I guess it's a mixed bag with me with the cold weather.  It keeps people away which is a plus but at a certain age I pretty much started waking up every day feeling like I got run over.  I don't need the cold on top of things.  

5 hours ago, sober4life said:

You say you like the cold weather so I'm not sure what to say here.  Surely you don't like this right?  I guess it's a mixed bag with me with the cold weather.  It keeps people away which is a plus but at a certain age I pretty much started waking up every day feeling like I got run over.  I don't need the cold on top of things.  

I like cooler weather...my ideal range is probably 10F - 65F. But I'm not a fan of all this snow that I have to deal with. I'll be shoveling the long driveway at my former house again tonight...and this snow is very wet and heavy.

Now we're getting crazy weather. Had rain on and off for a few days. Mostly cold and windy. Today was supposed to be rain. Mother Nature, in all her humor, decided to throw a curve ball. Sunny and 65 late afternoon. Go figure....

It is -9F (-23C) outside with a wind chill of -28F (-33C).  

There is one errand I must do and two more that I should already have done.  Needless to say, I do not want to run errands, but I really do need to get out and be productive for my own sake.  

I have no right to complain.  A couple days ago (when it was warmer), I checked the forecast and knew I should get these errands done.  But I just didn't, so this is my own fault.  (S*ck it up!)  😠

The big frigid cold front finally reached this area of Colorado yesterday.  It was 45 degrees (F) at noon and then dropped down to 12 degrees by 6pm.  According to my weather sensor/thermometer it reached 2 (F) this morning, and right now in the early afternoon it's 10 (F).  It's supposed to get down to -5 to -10 (F) below zero tomorrow night, which would be the coldest we've been in 5 years.  I love it though....I love it when Winter feels like Winter 🙂