How Is Your Weather Today? #20

Natasha1

36 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

I'm not sure. I didn't poke my head out of the window. Was cleaning all day and now it's dark 🙄

I've been cleaning all day too.  I even cleaned the inside of the drawer on the bottom of the stove.  I know what drawer.  Yeah it's one of those top to bottom cleaning days.🤪

On 12/22/2020 at 2:20 PM, Floor2017 said:

Wow that’s quite a drop in temperature 

Yep, and next it's going to swing back the other direction...the forecast says a high of 56 degrees on Christmas.  So unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll be having a white Christmas here this year.     

But right now it's cloudy, windy and 23 degrees.     

11 hours ago, jkd_sd said:

Blizzard -- currently, snow and wind of 32 mph (51.5 km/h) with gusts up to 50 mph (80.5 km/h).

[Forecast for tomorrow -- 'high' of 6F (-14.5C); still with wind.  <*sigh*>   Welcome to Winter!]

That's very windy.  Windchill is huge issue. 

5 hours ago, duck said:

That's very windy.  Windchill is huge issue. 

Yup!  Now the temperature is -4F (-20C) with a northwest wind of 10 mph (16 km/h) for a windchill of -21F (-29.5C).  

This after towns near us set high temperature records two days ago.  This must be our version of 'climate change'!   🤪

26 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

It's very cold and still hard for me with very few hours of daylight. But!! We're gaining now,  I've noticed the difference already, I've been so desperate for it. We got about 10 minutes back 😬

I wonder why more sunlight means it still keeps getting colder.  A month and a half is all the more I have to make it though and then mid February Spring starts trying to come back.  

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

I wonder why more sunlight means it still keeps getting colder.  A month and a half is all the more I have to make it though and then mid February Spring starts trying to come back.  

Yep, that's exactly when I start feeling better. At the moment I'm like a hedgehog that's not allowed to hibernate coz she keeps being poked by a stick 😬

I read somewhere recently that humans did actually used to hibernate to a certain extent at this time of year. It makes perfect sense to me. I don't think it was all that long ago either. 

It is a bit odd that it gets colder the more light we get 🤔 But it's just the winter reaching it's peak before it turns to spring👏

Edited by Nightjar

• 4 weeks later...