Natasha1

How Is Your Weather Today? #20

I forgot to mention the wind blowing so I'm sitting here thinking the roof will get ripped off the whole day today and tomorrow.  This week my life could essentially be over completely so I need this "rest" day for sure.  I wish I would just die.

1 hour ago, AloneGuy said:

56 degrees, sunny and extremely windy for the third day in a row 🌬️  One of the few things I hate about living here is the wind.  It gets old. 

It's the same here.  When it's windy it sounds like the roof is going to get ripped off.

Temperature is plummeting quickly because of a very strong northwest wind. Last I looked it was 30F. 

It was spitting snow earlier but now the clouds are breaking up. I can see stars in the sky between the clouds. It's very pretty, especially with the clouds moving so quickly as they are being blown by the wind.

It was raining all day today.  I was out this morning when it was borderline weather.  It was kind of slick and the state truck that is supposed to have someone that is an expert driver because you have to be able to clear roads no matter how terrible they are lost control and almost ran me off the highway.  People used to be good drivers around here.  I never worried but the weather in Ohio has changed significantly in my adult life and people can't drive worth anything around here anymore.

Edited by sober4life

There's a couple of inches of snow out there and we're supposed to get 5 more inches of snow today.  I'm watching the news right now and most schools are closed.  One school says remote learning.  I would be angry if I was one of those kids!:confusedread:

We got probably 8 inches of snow in total from the storm.  This is like a blast from the past snowstorm from my childhood.  We don't get this here anymore.  A lot of it is lake effect snow and I'm not even close to the lake they're talking about.  I bet Cleveland got well over a foot of snow in this storm.

11 hours ago, sober4life said:

We got probably 8 inches of snow in total from the storm.  This is like a blast from the past snowstorm from my childhood.  We don't get this here anymore.  A lot of it is lake effect snow and I'm not even close to the lake they're talking about.  I bet Cleveland got well over a foot of snow in this storm.

I was meaning to ask you the other day how many inches of snow do you usually get each year?  Where I grew up in Virginia, and then later on in WV, it seemed like we'd get less and less snow each year.  Sometimes just a few 3 inch snowfalls in my last years over there.  But when I was a kid in more or less the same area I remember quite a few 12" storms and a couple 24" as well.  And when I look at old wintertime photos from my childhood it seems like there was always snow on the ground. 

It's a much different story here in CO, but back east there's no doubt in my mind that it just doesn't snow as much as it used to.     

1 hour ago, AloneGuy said:

I was meaning to ask you the other day how many inches of snow do you usually get each year?  Where I grew up in Virginia, and then later on in WV, it seemed like we'd get less and less snow each year.  Sometimes just a few 3 inch snowfalls in my last years over there.  But when I was a kid in more or less the same area I remember quite a few 12" storms and a couple 24" as well.  And when I look at old wintertime photos from my childhood it seems like there was always snow on the ground. 

It's a much different story here in CO, but back east there's no doubt in my mind that it just doesn't snow as much as it used to.     

Yeah I've lived my whole life in Ohio.  As a kid it felt like being in South Park during the winter.  There was always snow on the ground.  Whole weeks of school would get canceled and the days they did send us half the time they would have to have someone come with a tow truck and pull the bus driver out of somewhere.  We really had snow most of the time from Halloween until my birthday in March.  Now this will be the biggest storm for sure and I'm looking in the extended forecast and really see no snow.  Do I want more snow like before?  Yes for the simple reason it means you have better drivers around you.  People around here have gone from having to learn how to drive in ridiculous conditions on unplowed back roads to being scared to drive at all any time it snows.

Edited by sober4life