Jump to content

How Is Your Weather Today? #20


Natasha1

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Wow, you've got some balls girlfriend 😉

Well why would I be worried?  It's like when I was in the worst car wreck I was ever in where the car was rolling over and over.  My thought was well I guess this is it with no emotion.  It was calming.  There was a thought this nighmare might finally be over.

Edited by sober4life
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Well why would I be worried?  It's like when I was in the worst car wreck I was ever in where the car was rolling over and over.  My thought was well I guess this is it with no emotion.  It was calming.  There was a thought this nighmare might finally be over.

I understand that. There have been a few times where something happened and all i had was just grim acceptance. The literal thought was "oh well, this is it then?" 

Hopefully the weather stays overcast as I plan to do some rock climbing and bouldering later on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

I understand that. There have been a few times where something happened and all i had was just grim acceptance. The literal thought was "oh well, this is it then?" 

Hopefully the weather stays overcast as I plan to do some rock climbing and bouldering later on

I've never had the fear because I never wanted to be here.  God has a tendency of turning on the people machine and letting it go for a while and then all of the sudden stopping the machine and saying hey let's make a cyclops duck that can't grow feathers and put that into the pool of people and see how horrible we can make that person's life.  Surprisingly that person never wants to be here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sunny and 91.  On Tuesday, just 3 days from now, the forecast is calling for temps in the low 30s and 6 inches of snow!  If it happens that would be the earliest snow we've ever had here.  Well, I wanted summer to end and it looks like I'll be getting my wish 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, AloneGuy said:

Sunny and 91.  On Tuesday, just 3 days from now, the forecast is calling for temps in the low 30s and 6 inches of snow!  If it happens that would be the earliest snow we've ever had here.  Well, I wanted summer to end and it looks like I'll be getting my wish 🙂 

I don't want any part of 6 inches of snow.  Around here 6 inches of snow ranges everywhere from the state doing a great job clearing the roads to the county saying see ya you're on your own on some of the back roads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/29/2020 at 11:29 AM, jkd_sd said:

Cooler and drier, thank heavens.  We had hot, humid weather for a while which felt really nasty.  The forecast is for cooler weather for the next few days.  Yippee!   :Coopyahoo:

Yay you! Me too! Last night it cooled down and the humidity dropped enough. Opened all the windows and turned on all the fans to circulate some fresh air in here. Was very nice. Got up this morning and it was 61. The next week is mid 80s for the high with overnight temps of 70 !!!  I'm digging that.Got some work to do in the garage and attic. Looks like I'll be getting up nice and early to take advantage of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yesterday it was 98 degrees.  Today was 90 (with wildfire smoke turning the sky orange...yuck).  Tomorrow will be 32 with 6-8 inches of snow expected!  I've never experienced snow in September before...should be interesting.  But I'd still like to have at least a few weeks of fall weather before winter truly arrives.     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2020 at 5:58 PM, sober4life said:

I don't want any part of 6 inches of snow.  Around here 6 inches of snow ranges everywhere from the state doing a great job clearing the roads to the county saying see ya you're on your own on some of the back roads.

I'm wondering if the snow will stick to the roads at all.  We've had so many 90+ degree days here lately and all summer long, I'm thinking the asphalt will be too warm for any snow or ice build up.  But I could be wrong, so I did my grocery shopping today 🙂  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AloneGuy said:

I'm wondering if the snow will stick to the roads at all.  We've had so many 90+ degree days here lately and all summer long, I'm thinking the asphalt will be too warm for any snow or ice build up.  But I could be wrong, so I did my grocery shopping today 🙂  

I don't think it would stick to the roads.  Would I still worry?  Of course.  There have been times where I have driven on uncleared roads with 6 inches of snow.  I could do it.  I would have enjoyed it when I was younger but now I'm turning into a big wimp that's afraid of everything.:unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, sober4life said:

I don't think it would stick to the roads.  Would I still worry?  Of course.  There have been times where I have driven on uncleared roads with 6 inches of snow.  I could do it.  I would have enjoyed it when I was younger but now I'm turning into a big wimp that's afraid of everything.:unsure:

I hear that. I grew up way up north. Driving in lots of snow regularly,on the interstate with all the truckers. Basically drving snow blind. It was no big deal back then you just got used to it. I wouldn't do it today. Where I am now we get snow a couple of times a year. The city closes when we get an inch of snow. 😲

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, In2deep4me said:

I hear that. I grew up way up north. Driving in lots of snow regularly,on the interstate with all the truckers. Basically drving snow blind. It was no big deal back then you just got used to it. I wouldn't do it today. Where I am now we get snow a couple of times a year. The city closes when we get an inch of snow. 😲

Around here everyone is pretty much expert type drivers like on the Dukes of Hazzard.  If you say I can't go out because of the snow even grandma will laugh at you.  I'm a good driver.  There's no such thing as a storm so bad I can't make it back here.  We think differently now because if we wreck it's 100% on us.  There is no safety net in our minds of someone helping us out if we get in trouble anymore.  We're grownups we're on our own.

Edited by sober4life
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It had been snowing lightly all day but wasn't sticking, so it looked like the storm was a bust.  But then starting at about 5pm the temperature dropped below freezing and the snow started increasing and sticking to the grass and trees (and flowers, which are in full late summer bloom).  Now after 7 it's snowing steadily and the roads are covered as well.  The forecast still says about 6-8 inches by morning, and I believe it now.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weather and smoke from wildfires caused the sky to appear dark orange colored. Like a pumpkin. 

When I woke up and it was dark with a dim, orange-ish light coming through the window. I figured it was dawn so I went back to sleep. When I awoke again, same thing. This time, I looked at a clock and it read 12:30 and I thought it strange, that I felt awake at midnight. I needed a few minutes to fully comprehend that was noon and the sun was masked by smoke. 

The whole world was filtered, Sepia-toned. Sepia-tember. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Perfect 👌

21°C 🌄

April and September are the nicest months of the year in the UK (in my opinion) Not too cold, not too hot, just right. 

I am with you on the not to hot part, Leeds is getting to a lovely 23C today. An Indian Summer for us again 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...