How Is Your Weather Today? #20

Natasha1

5 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Crikey. When does the snow start to ease up Sober? 

The snow won't start until I don't know 6PM and that goes on until 2PM tomorrow.  So it will be freezing rain and sleet here today from 7AM until 6PM.  How do you even describe this nightmare to someone else.  Everything will be covered in at least a half inch of ice before the snow starts.

• 2 weeks later...

Two days of temps in the 40’s-50’s and it did melt some of the snow, still a ton left though. But just merely a tease as we are right back to the 🥶 and there is already another. freaking. snowstorm. coming with the scary sounding advisory already in place. Anywhere from 4-8 inches with this one and my part of the area is supposed to get the worst of it of course. This is why I wasn’t excited about the warmer temps and snowmelt…knew it was coming right back. And those giant piles everywhere haven’t melted and will only get larger now 😑. Also, spring break is next week for the schools around here so all the talk is everyone getting ready to head someplace warm and sunny. 🙄 

It's windy here today and the power just went off and came back on.  I'm sure it will go off again because this is hell.  We talk about having such amazing technology all the time but we can't come up with a better way to have power than having extension cords outside hooked to wooden poles really?

We've got a severe storm raging this am. A red warning and everything - meaning danger to life and possible power cuts. 

I've got my phone plugged in and am staying in bed. Hoping that I can wash my hair before the power (potentially) goes out. I worry about the birds. I don't know how they manage. They haven't touched their food this am 😔

There's lots of flooding around here.  After the wind took out the power it was pretty much a downpour for a whole day so there's roads closed and trees down.  I'm sick of Ohio weather.  It got up to 60 here on Wednesday but here this time of year your first thought is oh no.  It's like you want 60 you're going to have to pay for it this time of year.  The weather is often moody and angry here in this state.

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

It's very windy today with sideways snow at times.  How the hell do the birds survive out there if you can barely keep a car on the road because it's so windy?

I know, right? I think we need to  build shelters for them 🤔

Edited by Nightjar

21 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I know, right? I think we need to  build shelters for them 🤔

When you get your new house you can put lattice fence under the porches like I do.  It keeps the big animals out but most birds can fly in there so the porches right now are basically giant bird houses underneath.

50F degrees and partly sunny. Well above normal temperature for this time of year--but winter is coming back later tonight and tomorrow with snow and ice. The wind feels like it's tornado strength today, which kind of negates the warmer temperature.

5 hours ago, sober4life said:

When you get your new house you can put lattice fence under the porches like I do.  It keeps the big animals out but most birds can fly in there so the porches right now are basically giant bird houses underneath.

That sounds great. I'd love to do that if I ever got a porch 🤔

22 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

50F degrees and partly sunny. Well above normal temperature for this time of year--but winter is coming back later tonight and tomorrow with snow and ice. The wind feels like it's tornado strength today, which kind of negates the warmer temperature.

That's kind of how it is here today.  It's almost 50 but somehow it says it feels like 29 out there.  Is it ever wow this is great weather where we live?🙄

Had a few days in the 50’s and most of the snow finally melted. But it got cold. Again. And everything is snow covered. Again. Cold and windy and supposed to have snow squalls/almost whiteout conditions today. 

In the 60’s today and the nearly all the snow finally melted. Chance of more in the next few days though 😑. But it doesn’t appear any extreme storm or cold is coming again.