How Is Your Weather Today? #20

Natasha1

Currently cold, they're saying a foot of snow here on the coast saturday. Possibly significantly more if the nor easter coming up the coast moves closer to land, add 25 to 35 mph winds, gonna be fun, not

Still in the midst of this brutal cold snap…even more extreme cold coming this weekend they say 🙄. But we will be missing out on that big storm this time and there is some moderation next week…into the 30’s!!

It's frustrating this time of year.  When it gets very cold I have to worry about the pipes freezing and busting.  When it snows I have to shovel for hours to even be able to get out of here.  It's terrible and you can't count on the news to get the forecast right whatsoever.  They'll say it will be a dusting and you'll end up with 6 inches.  They'll say it will be single digit temperatures for low temperatures and you'll wake up and it's -10 out there.  You can't count on anyone in this world.  That's the hard part about winter.  The snow never stops and you're smacked full force in the face with the fact that you are absolutely alone in this world.

We have a few warm up days in a row next week.  3 days in a row in the 40s.  Right now all the birds are staying under my porches.  Their fenced in underneath with plastic fence that has holes big enough for them to fly through and they're safe from the elements underneath there.  There's no chance the snow will get in there.  I hope those 3 days give them the chance to get out of here before it cools down again.  Go south where it's warmer please!   Of course they are welcome here but it gets down to dangerous temperatures and I want them safe and happy.

Edited by sober4life

14 inches and still snowing, had to shovel a 4' drift just to get the dog out the door to potty this morning, now the winds ramp up and the drifting snow through tomorrow, looks very pretty though, kinda tranquil

There's about 8 inches of snow out there.  It's going to warm up long enough to melt everything and make room for 8 more inches by the looks of things.  I wonder what the groundhog will think of this.😒

Another 12-18 inches of snow on the way in the next few days. 😭 There is still probably a foot or more on the ground from the last one. A silver lining of the prolonged cold spell is the lake is now close to 90% ice covered meaning there is much less chance for it to produce lake effect. 

What's coming here there is a very high likelihood of me not being here tomorrow or the next day.  Who knows how this will really go but it will be bad.  The 7 hours of freezing rain and sleet will be bad enough and then who knows maybe a foot of snow on top of that.

Edited by sober4life

It's not even safe to step outside right now.  I couldn't make it to the mailbox if I crawled the whole way today.  I have to go out there every 2 or 3 hours though to make sure I can get the doors open on the car.  If they actually freeze shut then I'm really in trouble.  So it's a fun day!😃

25 minutes ago, sober4life said:

It's not even safe to step outside right now.  I couldn't make it to the mailbox if I crawled the whole way today.  I have to go out there every 2 or 3 hours though to make sure I can get the doors open on the car.  If they actually freeze shut then I'm really in trouble.  So it's a fun day!😃

Crikey. When does the snow start to ease up Sober?