How Is Your Weather Today? #20

Natasha1

Overcast in Blighty. We're supposed to have thunder storms today and tomorrow. They've been mad storms lately with lightening laser beams surging through the house. 

Not the 'gentle' storms I remember in my childhood. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The weather was not in my favour. The moment I had to step out my house to get to work, it started to rain and thunder super hard. I was going to take the bus but I didn't want to risk being drenched all shift so I decided to take an Uber. Shortly after I got to work it stop raining and the sun came out. 😒  Really annoying for the broke...

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, sober4life said:

It's awful out there today.  It feels like I'm back in Texas for a summer day.  It's so hot you can't stand to be out there.

It sucks doesn't it. We haven't had a heatwave for a while but we might have another one before the summer is over. It triggers my anxiety. Everything is triggering my anxiety. I'll just add it too the list 😑

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

It sucks doesn't it. We haven't had a heatwave for a while but we might have another one before the summer is over. It triggers my anxiety. Everything is triggering my anxiety. I'll just add it too the list 😑

My problem is I watch the news too much.  What happens in a place like this where nothing ever happens when you watch the news?  They make you worry that every storm is going to wipe us out this time for sure and they constantly make you worry about deer ticks.  There's nothing else to talk about.

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

My problem is I watch the news too much.

I don't because it's too triggering for me but my freaking phone sneaks scary updates about everything and anything onto my screen and there's no way of turning those things off 😤

5 hours ago, sober4life said:

My problem is I watch the news too much.  What happens in a place like this where nothing ever happens when you watch the news?  They make you worry that every storm is going to wipe us out this time for sure and they constantly make you worry about deer ticks.  There's nothing else to talk about.

I swore off the news long ago. It is nothing but a drumbeat of negativity, aimed at keeping viewers in a perpetual state of anxiety. Turn it off, go outside, help a neighbor. As we say in Puerto Rico, "Los buenos somos más." (We good people outnumber the bad.) 

38 minutes ago, BoricuaGato said:

I swore off the news long ago. It is nothing but a drumbeat of negativity, aimed at keeping viewers in a perpetual state of anxiety. Turn it off, go outside, help a neighbor. As we say in Puerto Rico, "Los buenos somos más." (We good people outnumber the bad.) 

I do help my neighbors.  It's who I am.  One of the storms knocked down one of the neighbors trees and I saw them outside and I said don't worry about it I'll put it on my burn pile and it's what I did.

4 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I don't because it's too triggering for me but my freaking phone sneaks scary updates about everything and anything onto my screen and there's no way of turning those things off 😤

The news is addictive so what my mind usually does with something addictive is it makes me develop a strong crush on someone to keep me hooked.  Like when I still was drinking I developed a crush on someone at every store I used to buy alcohol at.  Funny how I forgot all about them when I got sober.  The news is no different.  I get so sick of my brain.

The cows make me laugh.  You would think they would run for the barn when this crazy storm hit.  Nope they ran down the hill toward the open area putting their heads up in the air.  They're hot.  They actually enjoy this storm.

Edited by sober4life

That storm yesterday I was like the cows.  I was out there watching.  It was one of those storms that my mind said you can't miss this!  I was watching the trees in my front yard.  Middle down they were straight up and down.  Middle up they were sideways.  A tree got uprooted and took out the entire front porch of the house across the street from my house.🤨