Natasha1

How Is Your Weather Today? #20

Last posts of the previous thread:

JD4010     17,567

JD4010
  On 7/8/2020 at 3:55 PM, surfcaster said:

freaking hot and the humidity, damn

This has been a nasty summer here. So much heat and humidity. Today is especially bad. I want to go outside and walk around but it's absolutely miserable.

I saw 97 again today.  When I went for my walk this morning I passed the cows about 9 AM and the cows thought I was the farmer and they were begging me to put them back in the barn.

Posted (edited)

High today 116, tomorrow 118.  A brisk thirty second walk in 118 degrees, is another way to forget Covid.  To  get up early enough to beat the heat, I'd have to set the alarm to wake me two months  ago--bada-bump. 

bulga

Edited by Bulgakov

At 10:30 a.m. it was 104.  109 now at noon, and 118 forecast.  116 predicted for tomorrow, then seven days of 110-111.  I was resting the ac for at least two hours, but had to reduce it to 1-1/2.  You could fry and egg on Khrushchev's head, .

Bulgakov

For the most part we don't have the unstable atmostphere to cause the crazy storms.  It might show rain but it just cooks off.  I think we've seen 90 every day for a month.  It rarely rains but when it does it's downpours.

It got down to like 80F because of the nearby hurricane. I always tell people unless you live on the coast or a really low-lying area, the hurricanes are actually nice for a while because they cool everything off and give us some much-needed moisture.

Of course, after it's over the moisture evaporates and the temperatures and humidity skyrocket, and you don't have electricity for a long time, so....

Turns out for us the hurricane was a drive by. Bunch of rain, some wind, gone. People on the coast, as usual, got bashed. I'll live inland thanks.

On 8/13/2020 at 3:08 PM, Tymothi said:

"Scorched Earth" has a new meaning. 😕 

That's what it is here.  It was supposed to rain.  Now it looks like it might push off.  Well I hung out clothes so we know the rain is coming now.

It's been awfully hot (for this region) and I don't tolerate heat well at all. I'm miserable, especially at night when the humidity is high. 

I'm coping with ice cream and I ain't proud of it. 

Stormy.

Driving around today with debris coming at me from all angles I felt like I was flying a spaceship in a Sci fi movie. The asteroids and space debris was coming thick and fast 😂😂😂

#crazybitch 

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Stormy.

Driving around today with debris coming at me from all angles I felt like I was flying a spaceship in a Sci fi movie. The asteroids and space debris was coming thick and fast 😂😂😂

#crazybitch 

That sounds like the time I drove through the tornado.  It's not always as simple to avoid as you would think and once you're in you pretty much just have to drive through it.  It was like driving through chocolate milk with the occasional telephone pole going past the windshield the whole time tires screeching as the wind is trying to pick up the car.:confusedread:

15 hours ago, sober4life said:

That sounds like the time I drove through the tornado.  It's not always as simple to avoid as you would think and once you're in you pretty much just have to drive through it.  It was like driving through chocolate milk with the occasional telephone pole going past the windshield the whole time tires screeching as the wind is trying to pick up the car.:confusedread:

Woah. I had some rubbish flying at me, not telephone poles 😳 That is an amazing experience. Maybe exciting as well as scary? Were you scared sober? How long were you in it for?? 

2 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Woah. I had some rubbish flying at me, not telephone poles 😳 That is an amazing experience. Maybe exciting as well as scary? Were you scared sober? How long were you in it for?? 

I wasn't scared.  I was hoping it would take me away.  It was a short distance.  I was driving on the highway and I didn't even slow down.  I didn't care.