Sign in to follow this  
Squatch

Mornin Anxiety and numbness

Every morning I wake up numb mentally and physically.  Lack of smell and taste. I try and do what therapist recommends but it is torture when you dont feel well. The anxiety eventually turns to frustration and anger. Which lasts a couple hours.Its exhausting and by 10am I'm wiped out. Anyone else have this issue?oh by the way I cant smell or taste to well. Which I'm sure doesnt help.

My anxiety level has been up.   Ive been finding it hard to do things my therapist recommends too.  He recommends meditation, reading book on mindfullness and doing worksheets from the book.  I enjoy doing crafts but lately can't bring myself to work on them.

How long have you had problems with taste and smell?  It could be side effect from meds you are taking.

Do you got the virus?

I have still. I lost taste and smell for about 2 weeks but now come back

Posted (edited)

Hey Violet.  I've had smell and taste issues for a long time. However I'm sure smoking is part of the cause.ive cut down alot. But quitting is worse than heroin.  Smoking does help my mind. My therapist says that alot of people with mental illness smoke because it gives a grounding effect. I know it's bad and im making excuses. I will quit when I'm ready. Anyway thanks for feedback. By the way no virus. No symptoms anyway just had a ton of bloodwork and everything is normal.

Edited by Squatch

Well maybe everything might be from the smoking including the morning anxiety and the mental numbness.  It was awful to quit.  My smoking was at it's worst when I was homeless.  I saw that I was so desperate that I was going from public ashtray to public ashtray smoking half smoked cigarettes and smoking cigarettes people threw on the street.

Hey Squatch,  glad you have no symptoms and your bloodwork is normal.  Maybe by cutting down on the smoking it will help your smell and taste.