I'm in my sixties. Had OCD since childhood. Misdiagnosed a lot in the 70's and 80's.

Things aren't as bad as when I was young, but this covid stuff is messing with all my coping techniques.

Foolsgold

Hi foolsgold,

It is very nice to meet you.  I am also in my sixties.  I have a bit of OCD but was spared the intensity of OCD experienced by my father.  It can be such a brutal illness.  I hope you find these Forums to be helpful to you.  Please accept my apology for my late response to your first post.  I have been under the weather lately.  Hopefully you will find these Forums to be a warm and welcoming place!  I look forward to reading anything you decide to post here.  Sorry again about my late reply!

On 6/28/2020 at 9:39 AM, foolsgold said:

this covid stuff is messing with all my coping techniques.

Mine too. It took years for me to establish routines to make my recovery from depression durable, in 8 weeks those were swept away by quarantine and closures. So I've been grieving that loss. A process made harder by the expand-contract reaction to the spike in cases. 

Glad to have you with us and I hope we can hold on to one another during this pandemic. 

On 6/28/2020 at 11:39 AM, foolsgold said:

I'm in my sixties. Had OCD since childhood. Misdiagnosed a lot in the 70's and 80's.

Things aren't as bad as when I was young, but this covid stuff is messing with all my coping techniques.

Foolsgold

Hi foolsgold,

I'm sorry to hear that your usual strategies are coming up short. You've obviously done an exemplary job until now, especially with years of being misdiagnosed. You will find that we are very patient and supportive here, so don't hesitate to ask questions and express thoughts. Perhaps we can help update the effectiveness of your coping techniques - and you can help us strengthen ours. 🙂 

~Tym