desperatedude

Can't think since started taking Wellbutrin

I've been taking Wellbutrin for almost a year now, along with Xanax and Risperidone at night. 

I was diagnosed bipolar 3 years ago given that I had a mental breakdown as a result of taking adderall without prescription; nevertheless, the shrink that I've been seeing since then has ruled it out and diagnosed me as depressive. I still don't know what I really am. 

Back to Wellbutrin - Ever since I started taking Wellbutrin I've felt less depressed but I haven't been able to think properly. It's extremely difficult for me to focus and to initiate tasks. It's also very difficult for me to generate ideas or to have thoughts. I've asked my shrink if this is normal while taking Wellbutrin but he says that's not because of the meds but because I'm not making enough of an effort. Has this happened to you?

I'm very desperate and I'm afraid I'll lose my job if things keep going this way. I feel like my cognitive functions have been significantly impaired. Please share your story if you've felt the same or if you  have any advice. 

It can be meds in my opinion and not just Wellbutrin, impaired cognitive functions are associated also with benzos like xanax. I couldn't think clearly when on benzos or antidepressants, some people just have side effects...

I took Wellbutrin for about a month I didnt do well on it. It increased my anxiety.  I also was not able to think clearly.

I wouldn't trust a doctor that didn't take my side effects seriously. If I say I'm not doing well on my medication my doctor and I decide together whether to stick it out, increase the dosage, or try something else. I know this was a while ago, but I hope you got it sorted out.