dontnowat2doanymore

My best friend missie laid to rest 14th may 2020

A year ago my best friend missie who’s a dog. Had a stroke and we thought she wasn’t gunna pull thro but she pulled thro stronger and healthier then few months later we took her for a check up to be told she had a lot of lumps in her liver but with medication it will be ok. Everything was all ok til 14th may missie started acting strangely in the morning but sometimes she does so carried on through our day but by afternoon she was still acting really strange. So we called the vets and they said to bring her down to be checked over. On the phone the vet said this could be the end of everything your describing is correct which obviously I was distraught as missie is my best friend we did everything together. So on the drive down to the vets we sat together cuddling and crying. Got there they took her in for a examination and told us that she had got a tumour on her brain which has started to bleed. The vet said that when she looked into missies eyes they appeared empty and didn’t no what was happening. That there was nothing more they could do for her. So off she went to sleep. We wrapped her up in a blanket and bought her home. I can’t describe the pain and hurt I was feeling all the way home. Felt like some one was crushing my heart. When we got home we made a space in the garden where she used to love to run and play. We made her a special cross aswell. Since then I’ve barely slept as it seems to quiet in the house without her. I feel so numb and crushed inside. I’m totally lost without her. My partner keeps sayin we will get another dog but I really don’t want another one. I’ll never forget missie ever. She was a massive part of our family. She grew up with my 10 year old daughter who adored her aswell. I could cry constantly all the time. I keep getting massive anxiety feelings in my chest. Xx

6B8146C1-07AC-478C-A88F-81BB1CA046D8.jpeg

I am so sorry about Missie.  She sounds wonderful.  She was lucky to have had such a loving caretaker and friend as you.  The pain and grief you feel is certainly normal ... although that does not help now.

You may decide someday that you want another dog, but for now you need time to grieve.  Again, I am so sorry for your loss.  RIP Missie.    😢  💔

I’m visiting this site because of a similar situation you described. I had to put my 15-year-old dog to sleep yesterday and my heart is broken. She had heart and kidney problems, but was doing ok until she took a very quick turn for the worse and couldn’t breathe. A chest X-ray showed cancer and she couldn’t be helped. The grief is intense. I’ve been crying all the time and can’t sleep or eat. It all happened so quickly.  I’m sorry you had to experience such an awful event, but you’re not alone in your grief. We will never forget our beloved fur-babies, but I hope for both of us our pain will subside with time.

I'm really sorry. That pain is the very reason I've gone through my whole adult life without pets - or friends. I can't get close to them because I can't stand to lose them.

I feel the same way, when I was nine, my best friend (A friendly barn cat named Turtle after the turtle chocolate) went out on a hunt with her first litter of kittens that I accidentally discovered. She never came back, and she didn't decide she wanted to be wild because she already kind of was, and she wouldn't leave a newborn litter of kittens alone because she wasn't that kind of mother. I miss her even though it was a long time ago, and it is safe to presume she died. Her mother faced the same fate, and just after Turtle's first litter, her only brother was hit by a car. He was an uncle for 2 weeks before he died. Turtle wasn't sassy like most cats, she let me learn and she was a loyal friend for many years. I know how you feel, and Missie sounded like a loyal, good friend. RIP Missie.:broken_heart:

I'm only seeing this now. Sorry I'm late. But I wanted to pass along my heart-felt condolences. Losing a furry family member really rips me apart. The unconditional love they share with us is such a blessing.

Yeah, good way to put our pet's love for us JD4010. Had to give my dog a bath today cuz he ate something dead, and he HATES water. He is a good, loyal boy and did it for us. (And bec we fed him 4 treats) But they really DO show unconditional love for us.

Sorry to hear that, it is hard to let a death of someone or something close to you go. You just have to move on and get another dog i suppose. You cannot bring your dog back. 

I am going through a time with my dog where I don't know what on earth is going on. The paw lines round his pads are very bloody for unknown reasons, and he licks them a lot. He is staying positive and will have a get appointment soon, but I am scared for him, and he is being so positive, I ask for prayers for Merlen right now.

Edited by FailEncore
I had some typos