George11211

I’m pretty invisible

It doesn’t seem to matter what I do, say or act nobody acknowledges the good. People only seem to notice the bad things about me. I try to do good things and ppl claim it’s for ‘attention’ I crack a joke and nobody bats an eye but some other guy tells an even worse joke and everyone wets themselves. I’m really getting sick of being a ‘bad air’ to most people instead of valued as a human being. That’s why I don’t have much self respect because if nobody will even give me the time of day why should I believe I’m worth anything? 

I haven’t been here in a bit because I was locked out of my account for a few weeks. I hope everyone on this forum is doing well today. Thanks for the support 

Posted (edited)

I am that person also. I try to make a funny and nobody even knows what I even said. 

Edited by watalife
Am not been doh!

On 5/21/2020 at 4:14 PM, George11211 said:

It doesn’t seem to matter what I do, say or act nobody acknowledges the good. People only seem to notice the bad things about me. I try to do good things and ppl claim it’s for ‘attention’ I crack a joke and nobody bats an eye but some other guy tells an even worse joke and everyone wets themselves. I’m really getting sick of being a ‘bad air’ to most people instead of valued as a human being. That’s why I don’t have much self respect because if nobody will even give me the time of day why should I believe I’m worth anything? 

I haven’t been here in a bit because I was locked out of my account for a few weeks. I hope everyone on this forum is doing well today. Thanks for the support 

I can definitely relate to this. It seems like time and time again people are acknowledged for what they do but I’m overlooked unless it’s something negative. I usually always feel ignored by most people. It’s so frustrating because I do good out of the kindness of my heart not to seek attention but it would be nice if people acknowledged it. Sorry I don’t have any advice. I just wanted you to know you are not alone. 

I was just at a party.  I guess I've always felt like a pet someone brought to the party not a pet people like one that they all want to put in a side room until the party is over.  I was sitting at a picnic table the whole time close to a busy road thinking all I have to do is jump out into the road and this is all over.  I'm always the monster at the party that wishes they would die the entire time.  I wish I would die right now.

Sober for life: I’m so sorry 😞 I honestly want to die right now too. I feel so dead already and lifeless. No joy in my life. None. Just sadness, fear and feeling like crap all the time. 

I'm just tired of being Uncle Fester at family reunions George.  Who wants to go through this garbage for 41 years?  I'm never going to show up with anyone.  I'm never going to be anyone or have anything.  It will be a lifetime of answering questions of what have you done this year?  What do you do for a living and every other similar question with me shrugging my shoulders.  I'm the biggest loser I've ever heard of.

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

I'm just tired of being Uncle Fester at family reunions George.  Who wants to go through this garbage for 41 years?  I'm never going to show up with anyone.  I'm never going to be anyone or have anything.  It will be a lifetime of answering questions of what have you done this year?  What do you do for a living and every other similar question with me shrugging my shoulders.  I'm the biggest loser I've ever heard of.

you are not a loser.

6 hours ago, sober4life said:

I like Uncle Fester. In addition to being the only one in his family with a video game, he also has a secret identity: inventor of time travel, Doc Brown. 😉

Also, you have done something. We all have. We've faced the monster inside and survived another year.

42 minutes ago, Tymothi said:

I like Uncle Fester. In addition to being the only one in his family with a video game, he also has a secret identity: inventor of time travel, Doc Brown. 😉

Also, you have done something. We all have. We've faced the monster inside and survived another year.

Yeah all of us are strong for making it through this crazy year!  It would be nice to see some hope though.  I know someone that had a stroke and was afraid to go to the hospital during this time.

16 hours ago, sober4life said:

Yeah all of us are strong for making it through this crazy year!  It would be nice to see some hope though.  I know someone that had a stroke and was afraid to go to the hospital during this time.

yeah this has been a very tough year for many people... it would be nice to see some hope that is for sure !!! i am sorry for that person , i hope they are better..

18 minutes ago, ladysmurf said:

yeah this has been a very tough year for many people... it would be nice to see some hope that is for sure !!! i am sorry for that person , i hope they are better..

Her family called an ambulance and she actually made it out of the hospital yesterday.

Unfortunately naturally, human beings can be very judgemental on each other. However I do think your overthinking things though because maybe the joke just wasnt funny. Everybody has different senses of humour. 

soberforlife, has hope you’re feeling better. Sorry for the delayed replies. It won’t show my reaction for some reason. ❤️

1 hour ago, George11211 said:

soberforlife, has hope you’re feeling better. Sorry for the delayed replies. It won’t show my reaction for some reason. ❤️

I'm doing ok.  Things are actually going well for a change.