Sign in to follow this  
greeneyedgadgetgirl

coping with Covid induced loneliness

Anyone else out there lonely?  

I live alone and this isolation is not helping my depression.  I moved 1 1/2 years ago to a new city, and since I don't work, I don't know that many people here. I was involved in social dancing, but that will be out of the picture now until a vaccine is available.    I am estranged from my toxic family by my choice and I hate feeling like a needy burden to my friends all the time.   Does anyone know of any mental health chat rooms or zoom groups that meet live? I'm in desperate need of human connection!

I can totally relate.  Before this pandemic began I rode the train a lot and socialized with many people.  Now that seems all over with.  Loneliness can be brutal.  I am so sorry that it has you in its grip.  Hopefully you will make many friends here on the Forums. 

Hi and welcome @greeneyedgadgetgirl

I'm sorry to hear about the isolation. Moving to a new city, it's difficult to establish oneself and build support systems. 

You mentioned virtual support groups. I am member of a few and attending them is helping me. I suggest having a look at supportgroupscentral.com to locate a group or two, there are many on a variety of topics and they all meet online. Wishing you some peace and connection.