So very very sad....

RobM

I'm so very sad right now, can't stop the tears. I've been struggling with depression and anxiety for years, had it under control and it came back this winter. I've been off work and struggling to get back under control. Covid-19 hasn't helped the situation either. I live in Canada and we have this Air Force stunt team called the Snowbirds that was doing flyovers all across the country. They were supposed to fly over my city  tomorrow, but one of them crashed today and a person was killed. I know it's just simple gesture,  but I was really looking forward to it. I haven't been able to stop crying since I found out. I'm just so filled with  despair... 

I am so sorry for what you are going through!  From what you said, it sounds like the airplane crash was the last straw.  You were already struggling with depression, anxiety, virus issues, and lack of work issues.  Then, you let yourself look forward to one event, and that was snatched away in an especially cruel way.  

I do not know how you feel, nor am I qualified to evaluate what you are going through; but it sounds similar to reactions I have had in the past.  Your feelings are valid.  Please be gentle with yourself.  You deserve to cry, grieve, and release these feelings.  Please take good care of yourself.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 6:41 AM, RobM said:

I'm so very sad right now, can't stop the tears. I've been struggling with depression and anxiety for years, had it under control and it came back this winter. I've been off work and struggling to get back under control. Covid-19 hasn't helped the situation either. I live in Canada and we have this Air Force stunt team called the Snowbirds that was doing flyovers all across the country. They were supposed to fly over my city  tomorrow, but one of them crashed today and a person was killed. I know it's just simple gesture,  but I was really looking forward to it. I haven't been able to stop crying since I found out. I'm just so filled with  despair... 

I dont think you should get upset as accidents do happen. Unfortunately people can die in dangerous situations. It was just that time for someone. Find other ways to enjoy lock down. You are fighting the depression and anxiety, which is good. Whatever is causing it to come back, those feelings and thoughts, need to be dealt with in some form or fashion in a positive way. I believe in you. Good luck.