Why even bother anymore

Derendia

It seems no matter how I try to improve myself and my mental health it just winds up worse than before,  it seems like nothing ever goes right for me. I had a friend for a while but turns out they were just using me because I’m too nice and people take advantage of that all the time, had a girl I thought liked me and was going to go out with her but she ignored me every time I tried calling her on the weekend and if I even see her anymore she just seems mad and sick of me and I’m not sure why. I’ve also had a problem with a wisdom tooth and tried to get it taken out but the numbing stuff didn’t work and it really hurt when they tried to take it out so I set up an appointment with an oral surgeon but the corona stuff started then and I couldn’t afford it anymore so I’ve been suffering from massive tooth pain for weeks and am just now being able to afford getting taken care of, and I finally paid for a therapist but of course I wind up having to work on that day now even though it’s supposed to be my day off...in short seems like everything is just out to spite me and never goes good and I’m tired of it. I’m almost 30 and never had a significant other or whatever and only 1 real friend, who was also just using me for years and never actually cared about me. People always say things will get better if you try or they get worse before better, but it just gets worse for me and never better no matter what I do, it’s all building up and becoming entirely intolerable I can’t stand this anymore. I’m sick of fighting and each day get closer and closer to completely giving up fighting at all, it’s just pointless. I know a lot of it like the therapist thing can be rescheduled but I’m just getting beaten down bad by the constant bad stuff happening to me. I’m sorry for the rant, I just had to vent and I’m not expecting any responses or anything, I’m more than used to being ignored and pushed aside

Hi Derendia.

I'm so sorry that you are suffering.  It is heartbreaking that you have been so overwhelmed with misfortune.  I wish I knew what to say that would help.  My wish is that somehow . . . someway . . . that things will turn around for you and get better.  You deserve so much more that what life has given you.  My heart goes out to you!

Hi there. First of all, I just would like to say that there's nothing wrong with you. You are amazing and special and deserve to be noticed and cared for. I hope that you know that.

I had a friend who used me before, it was so awful feeling that way. At the time he was my only friend, and he would bully me almost every day. But for me, I was so afraid of being alone, I just let him keep treating me like that. Um, anyways, I'm not sure if your situation is the same as mine was, but those kind of people aren't really your friends. They're toxic and all they do is hurt you.  

I understand how you feel You're not alone, and if you would ever like to talk or anything, I'd be happy to listen.  

Most of my friends either weren't friends at all or they were pretending to be my friend for whatever reasons at the time.  I had something they wanted and once they got it that was it.  I'm not sure there are true friends that will be there no matter what.  It just doesn't exist.  Most people will scatter like a bomb went off if there are any signs of drama.  You know it doesn't matter if it's family or whatever.  They're here for the party and gone before the cleanup.

• 1 month later...

Be more determined. To be successful in this life you have to out perform the negative force and mentality. Negativity is very persistent, and you have to be more persistent then it to win and be successful emotionally and mentally speaking. You can be helped by people if you draw attention on the seriousness of the situation.