chumly

Am I using this site correctly?

Am I the only one that tends to use this site as a virtual group therapy session ? 

I really get a lot of great advice from this site and in fact, most of it is much better than the advice I have gotten in real life ( either from friends or professionals). Obviously there are some very insightful people on here but I also think that the advice I get from online is generally better suited for me because I seem to be able to communicate better this way. I guess I am more honest and better at putting together my thoughts this way. Also, I think I am less restrictive with my feelings due to the anonymity.

Can anybody relate to any of this? Does anybody else discuss such in-depth things just  as I do on here? Also, if this is not the correct place for this sort of thing does anybody know of any sites that would be? 

Thanks in advance 👍😀

Of course I get better advice here.  I'm not afraid to be myself here at all.  I haven't had a real conversation in real life in years.  I don't trust people in real life.  For the most part I say and do what I have to to keep people at arms length.

Posted (edited)

I think the anonymity is what sells me here, but still yet, I do instinctively find myself holding back even here from years of self training. I definitely don’t discuss anything with anyone in real life anymore, even professionals have screwed me over. I trust no humans.

Edited by Tid322

On 4/27/2020 at 2:54 PM, chumly said:

I really get a lot of great advice from this site and in fact, most of it is much better than the advice I have gotten in real life ( either from friends or professionals). 

By advice do you mean feasibly applicable solutions like "here's what you can do:

Step 1...."?

Just now, iWantRope said:

By advice do you mean feasibly applicable solutions like "here's what you can do:

Step 1...."?

Yes, do you feel similar to myself in that the advice you receive on here is better than the advice you get in real life? 👍

I have received the most insightful advice on here on an array of topics. That is something I don’t get in my real world though. I am really grateful for this site and was just wondering if others can relate 👍

22 hours ago, sober4life said:

Of course I get better advice here.  I'm not afraid to be myself here at all.  I haven't had a real conversation in real life in years.  I don't trust people in real life.  For the most part I say and do what I have to to keep people at arms length.

Sounds like myself. I tend to do that too.👍

21 hours ago, Tid322 said:

I think the anonymity is what sells me here, but still yet, I do instinctively find myself holding back even here from years of self training. I definitely don’t discuss anything with anyone in real life anymore, even professionals have screwed me over. I trust no humans.

Yes, the anonymity is what I like about this kind of thing as well. 😁

I have never found a good therapist myself. I think the online stuff is just better for my personality in a lot of ways.😀

Going onto the internet for answers can be really good but you also need to be wise when searching answers on the internet because there is also weird opinions and suggestions. I guess you should teach what you know and also learn from others too. Everybody can teach each other something i think. Glad your finding more success this way though.