Sign in to follow this  
LazyPanda99

Hypersexual on Lexapro

I'm 21 and i've been taking antidepressants for a couple months. At first I was taking 5mg of Lexapro, but it was later upped to 10mg because I felt I needed the extra support. But i've noticed i'm stuck in a cycle of good weeks and bad weeks and i'm more prone to irritability and impulsive shopping than I was before. I've also been super horny on my "good weeks" to the point where i'll skip class or work because my body is screaming at me that I should orgasm just one more time (even if i've already came like 4-5 times.)

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Everywhere I look it says I should expect decreased sexual desires, but i'm experiencing the opposite. 

On 4/17/2020 at 7:41 PM, LazyPanda99 said:

I'm 21 and i've been taking antidepressants for a couple months. At first I was taking 5mg of Lexapro, but it was later upped to 10mg because I felt I needed the extra support. But i've noticed i'm stuck in a cycle of good weeks and bad weeks and i'm more prone to irritability and impulsive shopping than I was before. I've also been super horny on my "good weeks" to the point where i'll skip class or work because my body is screaming at me that I should orgasm just one more time (even if i've already came like 4-5 times.)

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Everywhere I look it says I should expect decreased sexual desires, but i'm experiencing the opposite. 

I dont know if the medication is doing that. It could be just you growing up. I really cannot tell. You should speak to your doctor. 

On 6/12/2020 at 3:30 AM, Prycejosh1987 said:

I dont know if the medication is doing that. It could be just you growing up. I really cannot tell. You should speak to your doctor. 

I recently found out that the antidepressants weren't working because im bipolar.