Where is everyone?

TaoSatori

All forums I want to post in most haven’t had activity since last year with a few not for a month....?
So I’ve been without a therapist for awhile (2 back to back that let me down.) with Covid it’s impossible to actually continue and get therapy now even if I didn’t have insurance restrictions, so I’m wondering what everyone is doing for Professional therapy?

My counseling agency was shuttered about 4 weeks ago due to the covid situation.  (Read on. I found a temporary solution.)

How does it make any sense that counseling by phone would not have been offered as an option?!  The most vulnerable among us are those most affected by this disaster!

It turns out it wouldn't have made much difference in this case as my counselor (as usual) was an intern who would be let go in April.  Every time I lose an intern I go back on the 3-month (or so) waiting list.  It's completely frustrating.

Solution:  I called around to various distress lines.  Most were quite useless, either using the cookie-cutter question/answer technique, limiting my time severely, not allowing me as I was out of their containment area, being busy, or simply not having any staff available when I needed them.  Eventually I lucked out with one that is genuine, and I call them when I reach my lowest points.  They're willing to help until this covid mess is resolved.

So my best suggestion is to just try different distress lines in your area until you find one that works.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been doing therapy chats once a week.  It's not the greatest, but it helps me to unload.  Otherwise I've been doing a lot of reading and Netflix therapy. Finding people to talk to is always helpful too.  If you can find people here you connect with or friends at home, chat them up.

• 1 month later...

Nowhere. Last 2 therapists I’ve had 1) kept falling asleep, new one in same building basically didn’t listen and when I point blank said ‘what am I supposed to do’ replied ‘get a job (I’m on disability -MS- and half the time I spent with this a@@ I said I’m exhausted most the time and some days I can’t even get off the sofa, I had to stop doing volunteer work because of), ‘move out’ ( which I expressed In previous visits I can’t Because I only get $520 a month AND I have a big dog that not ONE place will accept with my income restrictions! I’m looking for help and all he gives me is crap that everyone else does that doesn’t understand my situation.

DR’s won’t listen or do anything to help to alleviate my suffering. Every agency I have called can’t/won’t help... and all this last year! 
haven’t been to chiropractor since last year as well because insurance won’t pay anymore. 
No matter who I try to get help from I get nill. Progressively gotten worse until now I really am on my own totally and I’m so stressed and depressed I couldn’t see a forest fire 100 yards away. 

Currently the place I’m living at I have 30 days before I’m on the street. No idea what will happen to me, my dog and cat.....

I'm doing "telehealth" conferences with a new social worker. It's kind of sad when you've been to so many different ones that you know what you need better than they do, and each "visit" is just a formality to get your prescription written. It's a poor substitute.

Even if I didn't have access to a copy of DSM-V, I'd still know what a typical treatment "plan" should be for me, just from the trail of helpful but disappointed counselors I've left across the country.... 😕

On 4/14/2020 at 2:52 AM, TaoSatori said:

All forums I want to post in most haven’t had activity since last year with a few not for a month....?
So I’ve been without a therapist for awhile (2 back to back that let me down.) with Covid it’s impossible to actually continue and get therapy now even if I didn’t have insurance restrictions, so I’m wondering what everyone is doing for Professional therapy?

Therapy is no good but its has its benefits. What i mean they try and help you make sense of things and teach how to cope with tough situations but unfortunately that doesnt change things is it helps you get used to them. You could see a 100 therapists, if you dont do what you need to do to see the changes personally. Then its just an advice and cope remedy.