Sign in to follow this  
TickledPink

Scared and lonely

Hi TickledPink,

I am not doing as well as I was last year because of recent events. 

You posted here 13 hours ago but I only just now saw your post.  I do want to welcome you to these Forums.  I hope they will be helpful to you in many ways and I am looking forward to reading anything you post here. 

Yes. Bad as its ever been in the past. People contact is my number 1 tool in riding through a bad spell.

Most difficult part is trying to stay focused on work from home. All I want to do is follow the news and read posts about depression. 

Yes, I feel like I’m losing it. I feel so lonely and depressed. No real family or friends to talk to and of course, hearing about the corona virus is making things worse. 

16 hours ago, sober4life said:

Yeah I've been in bad shape but nobody really cares what happens to me.  It's hard knowing that you're completely alone in this world.

You ok?

3 minutes ago, candy22 said:

Yes, I feel like I’m losing it. I feel so lonely and depressed. No real family or friends to talk to and of course, hearing about the corona virus is making things worse. 

On 4/8/2020 at 2:22 PM, TickledPink said:

Are you ok?

I’m trying to be okay but it’s so hard. Honestly, it’s overwhelming dealing with depression and loneliness in a midst of a pandemic. How are you? 

It is very hard.  I've had so many different types of hard times in the last few years.  Every time the people in my life have given me nothing.  I know the only person stopping here at the house is the guy that picks up the trash every week.  If I found out I had a month to live I wouldn't hear from anyone the whole time unless I reached out to them.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:33 PM, sober4life said:

It is very hard.  I've had so many different types of hard times in the last few years.  Every time the people in my life have given me nothing.  I know the only person stopping here at the house is the guy that picks up the trash every week.  If I found out I had a month to live I wouldn't hear from anyone the whole time unless I reached out to them.

I can definitely relate to having to be the one to reach out first. Weeks have gone by, and nobody texts or calls me unless I call them (with the exception of my mom). It’s frustrating to know that people truly don’t care about me.