Kogent5

People isolating in a toxic household because of the pandemic, how are you coping?

I live alone which presents a different sort of problem not a better or worse one. What's your situation like?

I live alone too.  With my condition you pretty much get worse every day you have to isolate.  Things need to change next week.  I need to get out of here!

I also live alone.  It can be challenging, comforting, scary, consoling, frustrating, nice, lonely . . . all rolled into one.  Don't know, but imagine that the same applies to those who live with others.  Being isolated due to the new coronvirus just seems to magnify everything, at least for me.  My heart goes out to everyone here who is struggling!

So so. Before this pandemic I wasnt going out much, so, its  a bit like the same, but sometimes I really want to go to a park but now i cant. Its ok-ish. But I feel like im shooting my brain off so i can go through the day, and I dont have much to keep really entertein in my house, and now I cant even buy anything, so... Im used to live this bad, so its a bit like the same. 

The worst thing is that I have my grandmother in a geriatric, she is not an easy person, so I know she is not having a great time there, also I dont trust in some of the carers from that place, so Im a bit upset, I try to dont think too much on this, because its a thing to really get mad.

Dont have much people to talk, i cant understand it, I thought some people were going to be more interested about chat since all this pandemic thing, but no, I go to the computer and i spend time watching videos, cant believe it, with the posibility to reach people at any place in the world, im just watching videos.

Thank you for all your input! I'll give my perspective then. Walking on eggshells all the time. Even simple tasks like getting groceries delivered become difficult because the abuser is always there and nothing you do is ever right. A captive audience to his tantrums that can't escape. Even going for walks is a no-no because it will send him into a rage. I am in my room 99% of the time. You think everything is fine and then suddenly it is not. You are to blame for the lack of toilet paper, bottled water, paper towels at the store. Why didn't you plan better? But he will not lift a finger to help. No remorse. A truly evil being.

I have not had suicidal ideation in a long time and have been feeling it coming back. Only 3 weeks in and I am scared I will crack before I can escape. It is my fault for dilly-dallying with moving out. Now I have to endure this for who knows how many months. Idiot.

Hello, Kogent5. You are not alone. I am also isolating in a "toxic" household. To be more specific- there is one especially toxic person in my house that I am stuck with. I cannot give much detail, but it definitely feels restrictive. I'm coping by locking myself in a room and ignoring everyone. I'm always on the phone with a friend. Always "busy" doing something, perhaps working on a design project, learning a new line of code, reading something important, or revising my Japanese hiragana.

I can only hope that this insanity ends soon, and you are set free from your abuser.
Good luck, comrade.

14 hours ago, Dioxeon said:

Hello, Kogent5. You are not alone. I am also isolating in a "toxic" household. To be more specific- there is one especially toxic person in my house that I am stuck with. I cannot give much detail, but it definitely feels restrictive. I'm coping by locking myself in a room and ignoring everyone. I'm always on the phone with a friend. Always "busy" doing something, perhaps working on a design project, learning a new line of code, reading something important, or revising my Japanese hiragana.

I can only hope that this insanity ends soon, and you are set free from your abuser.
Good luck, comrade.

I'm memorizing kanji lol. Yeah, I have stuff I've been putting off that I'm getting to. I stay in my room because he gets angry when I am elsewhere in the house...makes him more paranoid I guess.

If nothing else, I think this situation is pushing me to the brink like never before. Clarity and determination.

im so sorry to hear that :( if you ever want to expand on your situation please feel free to do so here. It sometimes helps to vent about it here

im also not doing so well in my current living situation.Things were already not well but because of this pandemic things got 10x worse. these past two days I have woken up with some really bad chest pains. I know its probably anxiety of everything happening in the world and at home. I really am just wishing the best for us all

Found out my cousin back in my home country died of COVID. I only met her once so I'm not sure what is the right way to grieve, it does not feel like my grief to share. Uncle is devastated and aunt is now also in hospital (not sure if COVID related or not). They had to cremate my cousin.

All the walls feel like they're closing in. My dad went from not wanting me to go outside to REALLY not wanting me to go outside. My brother continues to cause havoc, randomly picking fights. I wonder how it will be one month, two months, three months down. I feel selfish and wish I could look past my own desires. Other people have it so much worse.

On 4/1/2020 at 5:01 AM, Dioxeon said:

Good luck, comrade.

My parents are toxic. Im coping by making an exit plan.