Sign in to follow this  
Jay34

Just an introduction of myself

Hello y'all, my name is Jay. I'm a 30 yr old dominican male, I been dealing with depression my whole life but been clinically diagnosed with it since 13 after suffering an anxiety driven panic attack that sent me to the hospital. I grew up very shy but have since sort of opened up more to the point some ppl know me as more social than what I actually am. I'm very self-concious, pretty insecure, & I can be socially awkward towards you if I don't know you. I only drink & don't smoke weed because it makes extremely anxious & self-concious. I been on & off medication since 13 (prozac, zoloft) I've had suicidal thoughts throughout my life a lot & especially now which prompted me to see if I can find help somewhere or talk to someone that could maybe feel my pain without judging because I choose to not share what really bothers me with anyone. I hope this forum helps me to find some peace within myself & I wish everybody whose been dealing with these severe issues the best also, Thank you.

Hello and welcome to the forums, Jay. 

We all have stories similar to yours and can understand how and what you feel.   Through our posts, we help one another.  Please join us in sharing more of your story and reading others' posts.

Hi @Jay34 glad you found us. 

I'm sorry to hear about your long struggle with depression and the experience of a panic attack - both are awful and frightening. 

I think you'll find compassion and understanding here if you decide to continue sharing your feelings and thoughts. It might even feel good to offer what help you can to others in the community, as perspectives help to widen our field of vision. Thank you for the well-wishes, too.