Hope you’re all doing okay

Hi everyone. You all have been so kind to me since my start on this forum and made me feel like I was understood and not alone. I wanted to reach out during this scary time and make sure everyone is OK. This virus hit us unexpectedly fast... one minute nobody cared and the next minute entire cities are being put on lock down and groceries are impossible to find. For whatever reason, we’ve all been affected by the virus. Whether you’ve been directly exposed, are out of work, out of school and forced to return to a toxic home life, are now unable to attend therapy, are dealing with contamination anxiety, worried about loved ones, disappointed with how people are acting, having trouble with being alone in quarantine, feeling lonely... whatever. Your feelings are valid and I hope you’re coping and getting by ok. I can’t remember who said it but someone on tumblr said “after the plague came the renaissance...” so while the news may make it seem like it’s the end of the world, it’s not. We will be okay. Somehow, some way. We just have to have hope. I just wanted to check in and see how all of you are.

1 hour ago, hendricksbrock said:

Hi everyone. You all have been so kind to me since my start on this forum and made me feel like I was understood and not alone. I wanted to reach out during this scary time and make sure everyone is OK. This virus hit us unexpectedly fast... one minute nobody cared and the next minute entire cities are being put on lock down and groceries are impossible to find. For whatever reason, we’ve all been affected by the virus. Whether you’ve been directly exposed, are out of work, out of school and forced to return to a toxic home life, are now unable to attend therapy, are dealing with contamination anxiety, worried about loved ones, disappointed with how people are acting, having trouble with being alone in quarantine, feeling lonely... whatever. Your feelings are valid and I hope you’re coping and getting by ok. I can’t remember who said it but someone on tumblr said “after the plague came the renaissance...” so while the news may make it seem like it’s the end of the world, it’s not. We will be okay. Somehow, some way. We just have to have hope. I just wanted to check in and see how all of you are.

thanks, and your words of encouragement is so welcome and accepted :hugs:

Thank you @hendricksbrock for your encouraging words.  Russell Brand said that big companies asking the state for a bailout is just the same as a mentally ill person asking for help. You know that when you can't fix stuff thats not in your control,  you ask for help.  When we come out the other end,  lets hope that things will be better..

Thanks to you all for your well wishes!  I add mine, too.

It does really seem to help that others acknowledge our struggles (hear us) and express their caring.  It may not solve the overall problem, but it does help relieve the isolation and aloneness.

Best wishes!    :flowers: :hearts: :hugs: :Coopyahoo:

• 2 months later...