Nightjar

Pet names

I had a pet rabbit named "Speedy" and one named "Fast Eddie."   I  also had a pet cockroach I named "Fluffy' because he seemed to be the very opposite of fluffy.

My first cat was named Mumbo.

My second cat was named Kinko, because there was a copy place in our town called Kinko's Copies and he look just like Mumbo.

My current dog's name is Jessie. She came with the name Karma (because karma is a bitch) - but my husband refused to yell "Karma" out the back door. Usually I just call her Jessie and she calls me dumb Mom.

Edited by JessiesMom

I had a dog. His name was Jimmy and due to the cuteness of his appearance his name morphed into Choomik. You'd start out saying the name "Jimmy" and then you'd sort of baby-talk and the name eventually became "JimjimjhimschumchumchuChoomik"!

Also a cat whose name started out as Thomas, you know... from Tom and Jerry. And eventually he earned a nickname of "Godzilla".
He was famous for invading large Japanese cities and eating buildings...

Etta actually has tons of names. My mom was the first to call her Pookie, and then I started to, and then my husband started to. My older sister started Etta Pooh, while my younger sister sometimes calls her Ettie Spaghetti. I've added Pookpook, Pookahontas, and lately Pucifer. 😂

I'm calling my cow friend Kurt Cobain.  He has long blonde hair.  Those long haired cows are like some of the long haired dogs.  You wonder if they can even see you because their hair is so long.

my cats are sisters named Siam and Thai. Came with the names as they are part Siamese.

At times I call them "the adult lady" (Siam) and "the teenager" (Thai) because of the way they act. Siam is very mellow and Thai behaves like a teenager doing everything she's not supposed to do.

Thai is looking at me and I can tell she's sending a message to the Catnip dealer.😺

On 6/17/2020 at 3:28 AM, violeteyes said:

I had a bichon frise he died last september his name was snoopy his nickname was snoopykins.

Sorry to hear that you lost your dog so recently.. :hugs: