Concerned, angry and fed up. Effing covid19

samadhiSheol

I'm having more of a hard time with how people/establishment have reacted to covid19 than the virus itself. It's a glorified flu, ladies and gents. The only thing is it's novelty and people are dying from it.

People die of influenza and other respiratory diseases every year though and it would seem that the mortality ratio for corona is pretty much the same as influenza.

The demographics in various countries vary. There are more old people than 20 years ago, at least in many European countries and China is the same.

There are big differences in any given healthcare systems. More people living unhealthy lives, with diabetes, asthma, obesity and what not. Of course the mortality rates are higher! 

I am beginning to be angry with myself too as the whole bs covid19 is becoming an obsession for me too. Thing is I can't escape from it. Anywhere.

At work I have a conspiracy/end of the world believer who takes EVERYTHING at face value. I have had a hard time in general with him at work, as nothing I say has any impact whatsoever. I am at the end of my rope at work anyhow, but that's a different can of worms.

At home too, my wife wants to watch the news all the time. 

I need to get away. From everything.

I can't stand people any more but neither can I stand myself. I am tired and fed up and so ANGRY I am about to explode.

I don't know what to do.

I saw the most ridiculous thing today.  Someone got a whole cart of toilet paper and said they were buying for a bunch of different people so not only are people buying toilet paper they are coming up with schemes to get around the 2 per customer limit to get toilet paper.

I feel you @samadhiSheol - I too need to get away from this for a bit. Part of what is really bugging me is the message that I keep hearing regarding how we "should" be reacting. We "should" understand that, by doing all this stuff, we are keeping other people safe. The reason it bugs me so much is the implication that if you are feeling any negative emotions (anger, frusteration, disappointment, etc) - they are evidence that you are being selfish. If you are questioning the decisions that are being made and being derisive about some of the panic you see around you - you are in denial and just need more information. I have all the information I need - thank you very much. What I need is some time and space to work through what I am feeling.

Just now, sober4life said:

I saw the most ridiculous thing today.  Someone got a whole cart of toilet paper and said they were buying for a bunch of different people so not only are people buying toilet paper they are coming up with schemes to get around the 2 per customer limit to get toilet paper.

This is getting way out of hand. I still don't understand why it's toilet paper, of all things. There are so many alternatives for it. Do people not know how to use water, soap, towels, or whatever else?

2 minutes ago, Dioxeon said:

This is getting way out of hand. I still don't understand why it's toilet paper, of all things. There are so many alternatives for it. Do people not know how to use water, soap, towels, or whatever else?

I know - it is just nuts. By me it is also spaghetti sauce, noodles, soup, frozen chicken, beans, canned soup........etc. It reminds me of the crazy buying I always saw before a snow storm. 

I can identify with so many of the things you all have mentioned.  Wish I could comment more but I didn't get much sleep last night so my mind is kind of in a fog.  Wishing good health and well being to every member here and to those who read posts here but are not members.:hearts:

Thanks you guys. Just reading your responses made me feel better.

I just needed to vent(though I AM pissed off!) I think. Obviously I’m concerned about my parents (both well over 70) living in a different city. They are both in relatively good health, but they live alone and I can’t help them much with all these restrictions being implemented.

Other than this though, nothing much will change in my life! I am a bit of a recluse anyhow so the restrictions don’t really have an impact on me. I will still go to work, at least for the time being.

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

This. Omg you have to laugh.

2 hours ago, Dioxeon said:

Indeed! 

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

Sorry for the repeat, but...

I kid you not: While driving home last night I passed a Ford Fiesta stuffed completely full with rolls of toilet paper. I mean JAMMED FULL. The driver could barely see out of the car because there was so much buttwipe.

On edit: I wouldn't be surprised if somebody breaks the windows on that car and walks off with the buttwipe.

3 hours ago, Dioxeon said:

I've given my cats the heads up that they might be sharing their litter box with a human.

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

I've given my cats the heads up that they might be sharing their litter box with a human.

Yeah, but ... if they run out of kitty litter before I run out of toilet paper, I might be trying to teach them how to perch on the edge of the toilet seat and 'wipe'.   🙄

I totally empathize with wanting to run away from this nightmare. It’s ridiculous and all anybody wants to talk about. I feel like there are lots of people under reacting and way more people overreacting... everybody makes it seem like it’s some inescapable horrible disease that’s the end of the world as we know it. I’m more worried about not being able to buy coffee or food because people keep buying all of it. Blech. Sick of it. 

Doesnt it have to do with how it spreads though? If everyone gets sick at the same time  its trouble. Hospital staff cant deal with that and as nentioned above thrre wont be enough beds. Then hospotal staff will get run down, making it harder for them. Plus, they are more at risk. Those masks dont do anything for this.

The regular flu doesnt spread as fast does it  and onset is more obvious?? Im not up on facts but putting that out there. Im trying to not "know too much."

I returned a heart event monitor to the hospital a few days ago. I have symptoms. I put it in a ziploc and wrote "i have symptoms" on it with a sharpie. Then, instead of leaving it in the bin as i was supposed to, i waited in line to make sure someone wore gloves. The girl went to check as she didnt know if they did. She thanked me and said i was thoughtful.

Someone else came out with gloves on to collect it. She thanked me very appreciatively. If hospital staff are acting that way  then that tells me something. They either know something or are seeing it.

My husband and i have also talked about how we think theres something that "they" arent telling us.

*shrug*

Max,

Dear, Dear Max.  It IS necessary!

I have Fibromyalgia.  I have an autoimmune disease!  I would say that it really IS a crappy immune system.  I also am older than 60. 

So I can really drop dead from this milder disease called "Covid-19"  if given the chance and have not been given the warning and are not cautious.

People are DYING MAX!  Can you understand this?

How about that?  Perhaps your mind will not be so baffled now.  

I just do not understand the hoarding.  That is another post for another time, which it seems we all have plenty of time right now.

Have a nice evening and I hope I didn't spoil your night.

Best Wishes and even a hug!

-Lindsay, Forum Admin

People are hoarding because they were kept in the dark for so long.  Look how long it took them to tell us the supermarkets will remain open and the trucks will keep coming?  When people watch the news they see countries locked down and they are afraid one day the government will say you can't leave your house at all.  They don't want to run out of food and supplies.

8 hours ago, Natasha1 said:

Doesnt it have to do with how it spreads though? If everyone gets sick at the same time  its trouble. Hospital staff cant deal with that and as nentioned above thrre wont be enough beds. Then hospotal staff will get run down, making it harder for them. Plus, they are more at risk. Those masks dont do anything for this.

The regular flu doesnt spread as fast does it  and onset is more obvious?? Im not up on facts but putting that out there. Im trying to not "know too much."

I returned a heart event monitor to the hospital a few days ago. I have symptoms. I put it in a ziploc and wrote "i have symptoms" on it with a sharpie.Then, instead of leaving it in the bin as i was supposed to, i waited in line to make sure someone wore gloves. The girl went to check as she didnt know if they did. She thanked me and said i was thoughtful.

Someone else came out with gloves on to collect it. She thanked me very appreciatively. If hospital staff are acting that way  then that tells me something. They either know something or are seeing it.

My husband and i have also talked about how we think theres something that "they" arent telling us.

*shrug*

True. This is of course the reasons for restrictions. Though I think it's still undecided as to how it compares to "normal" influenza as we don't have the stats of ALL infected.

And as yet we don't have a vaccine either.

7 hours ago, Lindsay said:

Max,

Dear, Dear Max.  It IS necessary!

I have Fibromyalgia.  I have an autoimmune disease!  I would say that it really IS a crappy immune system.  I also am older than 60. 

So I can really drop dead from this milder disease called "Covid-19"  if given the chance and have not been given the warning and are not cautious.

People are DYING MAX!  Can you understand this?

How about that?  Perhaps your mind will not be so baffled now.  

I just do not understand the hoarding.  That is another post for another time, which it seems we all have plenty of time right now.

Have a nice evening and I hope I didn't spoil your night.

Best Wishes and even a hug!

-Lindsay, Forum Admin

Take care Lindsay. And all of you who are more at risk.

And those who aren't too.