This may be a strange one - but I have decided that I will get over it. With the new virus - it is just dumb. 

I hate hand sanitizer. Everytime I use it, I feel like I have residue on my hands and I have to go wash them. Hence, I try to avoid using hand sanitizer. In our current time, I am finding myself being asked to use it more and more often. Has anyone every experienced this and if so, were you able to find a way to get over it?

I got obsessed with hand washing to the point where my hands would crack and bleed.  As an alcoholic I would be toast if I walked around having hands that smelled like alcohol all day.  I don't know what does it really do to your skin longterm?  It can't be good if it's able to **** everything on our hands what does it really do our hands themselves?

1 hour ago, Dioxeon said:

A friend of mine dislikes sticky/slimy textures on her hands as well. You can consider switching to hand wipes instead.

I like this idea - I will try it. Thanks!

I used to use hand sanitizer a lot and it made my hands a wreck.  Now when I go out I wear disposable gloves.  If I think I've touched something contaminated I use hand sanitizer on the gloves or go to the restroom and wash them. 

After having freaked people out when wearing the purple nitrile gloves, I switched to flesh colored ones. 

The condition of my hands has improved a lot since I began using gloves.

The only downside I can see right now is that when people see me wearing gloves there is a lot of "eye rolling" and "head shaking"  lol. 

@EpictetusWhen my OCD was very bad I used to have to grab everything with my hanky or a tissue.  I even got to the point where I would pull up my own shirt and grab things like that.  Imagine the reactions of me putting my hand inside the front of my shirt and shaking people's hands that way.

I recently asked my son if it would up my amount of crazy to get some disposable gloves to use in the kitchen for things like rubbing spices on a raw turkey breast or mixing egg and meat to make hamburgers. He assured me that it would not 😉 Glad he gets me.

Or wait......maybe I have already reached maximum crazy so therefore there is no way to increase. Damn >.<

@JessiesMom the two kitchen prep tasks you mention are the exact type of activities when it makes sense to use disposable gloves just to make it easier to clean up.  Once, when I was mixing eggs and ground meat for meatloaf and did not have disposable gloves, I used a clean plastic food bag with a rubber band.  It was a little awkward, but it worked fine.